Found her

klmno

Well, I know this seems horrid right now and is putting you thru He!! and I'll eat these words when/if my son comes back to live with me, but I can't count the times I went out and partied as a teen. Now, I didn't steal money from my parents but I had a monthly allowance and a boyfriend in his 20s so that wasn't an issue. It's a different world from the 70's and it's very difficult to know where that line of normalcy is now, especially when we parents of difficult children have already gone thru so much. I hope you can be at peace and get some rest now.

H

HaoZi

Happy to hear she is finally safe and home. Post whenever you need to, we're here for you.

P

PatriotsGirl

Well, I know this seems horrid right now and is putting you thru He!! and I'll eat these words when/if my son comes back to live with me, but I can't count the times I went out and partied as a teen. Now, I didn't steal money from my parents but I had a monthly allowance and a boyfriend in his 20s so that wasn't an issue. It's a different world from the 70's and it's very difficult to know where that line of normalcy is now, especially when we parents of difficult children have already gone thru so much. I hope you can be at peace and get some rest now.

Me too. I would get together with friends and we would gather up any money we could find to go buy booze and party - ALL the time. Only now looking back do I see what a bunch of losers the people were that I "looked up to". I just never got into the harder drugs - at least, not until I was a young adult. Then I did experiment and had a problem with coke for a little while, but I hit bottom real quick, thank God. I was able to walk away from it without help. My my goodness, was I a difficult child.....

exhausted

Slept so good Sunday night once she returned, cant sleep at all tonight. Already did laundry, cleaned kitchen, mopped floors. She is sleeping in my bed with dad on couch. This is a pattern that has happened much since the PTSD really set in with her. Some nights are tough. It's an issue we need to address but so far on the backburner.

I really appreciate your insights about teen behavior and the hope that it may level out. You know I was not perfect as a teen. I had a brief period of trying different alcohol, and being with older boys. And yes these were not good people I hung with. It only took me a few months to realize this didnt gel with my goals. I worry with difficult child-its been years and she has an abuse history which has caused some things to not function right in her brain. On the other hand...

She told us yesterday (had to take her for blood draws for thyroid check) in the car, that all she wanted was to be left alone. She wants me to stop picking and insisting she needs therapy or groups. She reminded us that she had a limit with not drinking or taking any drugs beyond marijuana. But its the messing with the boys that worries me the worst and she wont own that she is doing it. She's on B-control, but she misses days when she runs. Can't do shots with her depression. Have looked into other options and because the origional reason for B-control was acne-pills are where we are.

Liahona-not a chance on the money. She still denies it. We know she will stretch it out to ride the bus ($5.00 round trip), go with friends to have fun, and even though she denies buying it, purchase marijuana. We have searched the place and can't find it. She is so crafty.

susiestar

Roll With It
(((((hugs)))))

PLEASE don't feel you cannot post here. There is a separate place for parents of young kids to post, and those who get upset at what you post can skip reading your posts. I have been here a long time, and a LOT of us posted about this stuff here when the other parts of the board slowed down. This is YOUR forum too, after all. Worse than what you have posted has been posted here. I posted some of it!

As for b control, what about adding one of the newer IUD's? Remind her that if she gets preg then she will have LOTS of bills and will end up in JAIL if she tests positive for drugs at any time in her pregnancy. Around here they have put a few kids in juvie because they were preg and popped positive more than 1-2 times or for more than just pot popped one time. Heck, if $$ motivates her, give her some to have the IUD put in. She can stay on the pill for acne. Does she know that when she skips a day or two then she is more likely to break out than if she hadn't taken it at all? maybe that would help with incentive?