Friday, Thread

AppleCori

Doing anything fun today?

I am waiting quietly while my daughter does he math exam for he online class, so I am making a lot of posts right now, hoping to get some interest going. She has a Spanish quiz, also, so I will be here for a while.

We are going to a pumpkin farm this afternoon, and will decorate the front porch and yard in preparation for all those trick-or-treaters that will be here in ten days! I love this holiday, and I am so thrilled that our area gets a lot of kiddos. I do a bit of indoor decorating too, but not as much a outside.

I have Iowa pork marinading in Smokehouse marinade and a big salad ready for supper. The kind with lots of fruit, which, luckily, everyone likes.

What are doing?

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Nice!

I am sitting at my desk at work eating a yogurt. Walking outside at lunch with a new friend I made in my building from another company when I was walking the stairs. Seems several ladies in my building walk the 8 double flights a few times daily to help stay in shape. Gets your heart pumping! I walked with her last week around the neighborhood near our office building. It's good to get up and about after sitting at a desk all morning.

Tonight a friend is coming over after work and we're heading to dinner at a wonderful restaurant!

The mouse must play while the cat's away! (Husband in Florida with Difficult Child).

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope your daughter does well on her tests. The pumpkin patch sounds like fun. I used to LOVE to go to those with my kids for class trips. I wish we had something fun planned this weekend, but mostly we are cleaning up around here. I have had a cold for the last 2 weeks, so I have not done much. Jess also had it and we are just starting to feel better.

ksm

I had to make decisions about our main floor bathroom remodel...this is the one next to our bedroom and not the upstairs room that the girls use next to their rooms. I picked out some 12x24 tiles that were a bargain. But, there is no trim pieces available...so I went looking for trim. The tile looks like white marble, with grey/tan streaks. I found real marble trim that matches. The trim is about 1.5 inches wide and 12inches long. $22 each. I needed 12 of them. That is more expense than all the other tile for the shower wall. Oh well...I found some savings on the vessel sink, faucet and sliding barn door hardware.

I have been trying to get her health straightened out. She is sill on our BCBS. For the past year she has also had a state insurance. She got it based on the severity of her emotional and behavior issues. But, when she turned 18, she told them she no longer had it. Two months ago, I went to pay for an Rx, and she had coverage. Yesterday it happened again. I paid for two copays...but I shouldn't have, it should be covered. But of course, the clinic won't talk to me. Won't even take the insurance info! UGghh!

Difficult Child is being Difficult Child for the last few weeks. Today she wanted me to give her money for a gift for a child she babysits for. I told her I would look for something appropriate that we have on hand, I found a limited edition fashion doll in a gown, still in the package. Their other grandma had sent one for each girl when they were a little too old to play with. So I stored them. Then she asked for candy sprinkles for the cup cakes she is making for her.

The reason I find it frustrating is that, she quit her CNA job and later started babysitting for a single dad. The dad had her working 40 to 50 hours a week taking care of his kids but has never paid her. He still hasn't. She doesn't have money for car insurance or the next month of phone costs. But, she expects me to fork over money to her. She has said she is applying for jobs...but she never does. Trying to detach.

Sorry for my vent...

KSM

Californiablonde

I am sitting at work waiting impatiently to leave. I still have 22 more minutes and counting. Today was rough. Lots of absences therefore lots of phone calls, plus my supervisor took half the day off so I had double the amount of work. I have been battling chest and body pain all day. I can't wait to go home and take a dose of Xanax and relax. The kids will be gone tonight. They are both spending the night with my mom. I plan on watching Family Feud, like normal, and then I will stay up a bit later than normal to watch the Lakers game. Tomorrow it's house cleaning and laundry day. I am just grateful for a day to sleep in!

KTMom91

Spent my day with fourth graders, went out to dinner with Hubby, and am relaxing. Tomorrow is grocery shopping and laundry catch up, and on Sunday, we're going to see The Shining! I love love love that movie, and haven't seen it in the theater since 1980. We saw Young Frankenstein a few weeks ago, and it was a lot of fun to be in a room full of people who also knew all the words.

pasajes4

I am late to the party. I had an awesome Friday. I decided that I would not accept a job for Friday. I went to the garden center and found healthy house plants at a greatly reduced price. I called a friend to join me for lunch and shopping in a quaint little town. We had a blast. I bought a few handcrafted Christmas decorations for my daughter. The weather was perfect.

AppleCori

I had to make decisions about our main floor bathroom remodel...this is the one next to our bedroom and not the upstairs room that the girls use next to their rooms. I picked out some 12x24 tiles that were a bargain. But, there is no trim pieces available...so I went looking for trim. The tile looks like white marble, with grey/tan streaks. I found real marble trim that matches. The trim is about 1.5 inches wide and 12inches long. $22 each. I needed 12 of them. That is more expense than all the other tile for the shower wall. Oh well...I found some savings on the vessel sink, faucet and sliding barn door hardware.

I have been trying to get her health straightened out. She is sill on our BCBS. For the past year she has also had a state insurance. She got it based on the severity of her emotional and behavior issues. But, when she turned 18, she told them she no longer had it. Two months ago, I went to pay for an Rx, and she had coverage. Yesterday it happened again. I paid for two copays...but I shouldn't have, it should be covered. But of course, the clinic won't talk to me. Won't even take the insurance info! UGghh!

Difficult Child is being Difficult Child for the last few weeks. Today she wanted me to give her money for a gift for a child she babysits for. I told her I would look for something appropriate that we have on hand, I found a limited edition fashion doll in a gown, still in the package. Their other grandma had sent one for each girl when they were a little too old to play with. So I stored them. Then she asked for candy sprinkles for the cup cakes she is making for her.

The reason I find it frustrating is that, she quit her CNA job and later started babysitting for a single dad. The dad had her working 40 to 50 hours a week taking care of his kids but has never paid her. He still hasn't. She doesn't have money for car insurance or the next month of phone costs. But, she expects me to fork over money to her. She has said she is applying for jobs...but she never does. Trying to detach.

Sorry for my vent...

KSM

How is the bathroom remodel going?

Sounds like it will be gorgeous!

Apple

ksm

I think the bathroom is cursed. The contractor ordered a custom shower base, because it is not a standard size. The first one arrived in two pieces. He ordered another one, was not yo be here until 3 more days. He called last night. Second base is in. Will start first thing in the morning. Fast forward... It came in cracked! Now the contractor is looking for another option. They wont expedite getting us one quicker... Not only is this a pain for us, but also for him, as he has other jobs to get to. Will be nice when it is done...will have heat that radiates from under the tiles... Thanks for asking! Ksm