Garth fans??

susiestar

Roll With It
Any Garth Brooks fans out there? Did you get to go see the live concert in KC or the live broadcast of the KC concert shown in theaters this week?

I am a HUGE fan, esp since I knew him when. My mom was his Marketing Professor (And he was Forbes Marketer of the Year one year!!). I worked in a little used bookstore next to one of the most popular clubs in our town. This was back in high school. The owner of the bookstore had a granddaughter who was married to one of the guys in the band he left OK with. I used Occupational Therapist (OT) see him all the time.

I loved the concert. I bought tickets for my mom for Christmas. Wasn't going to go because the back stuff, but my Dad bought a hotel room for us. I had a doctor appointment the next day, so it was great.

The show totally blew me away!!! He did sooo many of my old favorites and ONE NEW SONG!! It is great of course!!!!!

At the end he teared up. He said that 9 years ago he was very careful not to say he would be back.. But "If you will wait for me I will be back!" he told the audience.

Am I alone in my fandom???

Any opinions out there from anyone who saw the show? If you didn't get to see it I think it will be sold on DVD. IT would be worth paying full price!

(trivia: The first of the shows he played in Kansas City sold out in about a MINUTE!!! That is why he kept adding shows until he did 9 shows!! This after 9 years of being almost totally away from the business. He stopped touring because he has girls to raise. )

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm not a big fan of country music, but there are those I do like alot. Garth is one of them. It's nice to know he's climbed back into the saddle. :smile:

I'm glad you got to get out and have a great time. I bet the concert was wonderful.

So.....does this mean the migraine is gone now? :smile:

Excuse me, Susie.

Are you telling me that you got to see him? I am GREEN!!

The radio station here was giving away tickets to see him in KC. Oh what I would have done to win.

I did get to see him perform once about 10 years or so ago. He puts on a better show than just about anyone else I have seen.

saving grace

SS, I cant even begin to tell you how jealous I am of you right now. I absolutely without a doubt love that man. I border on obsessed. I have been waiting patiently for him to come back. His show was the best live show I have ever been too, I wish I had a rewind button because I cried through most of it.

I missed the showing in the theaters, I will catch it on dvd for sure.

Have you seen his video for his new song? It starts with him in the shower!! the rest of the video is we WET!!!!

Love him

Grace

susiestar

Roll With It
Thanks for asking about the migraine. It is still here, but I got the OK to take a double dose of migraine medications, 4 hours apart for the day.

I am working on it. My rheumy had to be seen, and the tickets were paid for and my dad called my doctor to ask about the migraine medications.

I didn't even know he knew my docs name.

He is a sweetie.

I am paying for the playing, but it was worth it.

I missed seeing his last live perfomance in Stillwater years ago. My mom had gotten tickets and I was in full migraine then. I didn't go, but have regretted it ever since.

I also saw him at riverfront in cincinnati with my then teenage cousin. There are NO bad seats at a Garth concert. Even when he was in a small bar he was awesome.

The concert was shown in a theater, so it was much more manageable. And you could see everything!! He is a TOTAL ham. One band member is from KC and they played with the act that Garth was upset that this guy was getting tons of applause. It was obviously a gag.

He uses that cowoy hat for several reasons. Muchly because what little hair he has is WHITE!!!! But also for drama, and for comic relief.

I don't have cable so I don't get to see any videos of music. I will try to see it online.

I will be buying the DVD of this performance!

And he will be BACK!! Not for a few years, but he still has kids at home. He has stated that he wanted to be home for them. He has moved back to OK just recently. Maybe I will see if he is going to do some shows here in a year or 2.

I have seen very few concerts. Rick Springfield in high school, U2 and Pink Floyd one memorable weekend in college (I was even sober, so I actually DO remember it!!) and many smaller bands. I have seen a lot of Austin City LImits tapings, but mostly because I used to volunteer at them.

I saw a lot of great music when I lived in Austin, but not much since I came back home. And had kids.

Susie