Going on vacation.

keista

And I'm praying it's as peaceful and recharging as I really need it to be. Between kids and FH and quitting smoking, and life in general, I am so done.

Yeah, it's been almost 4 months that I quit smoking and I still feel like I'm in withdrawals (no, I didn't advertise it, so don't think you missed a post). I'm staying strong, but it's just........I can't describe it. Well, maybe, take your worst depression and multiply by 1000! I'm not going back, so I just have to get through. Put on a few pounds in the process. I'm so large as it is, I wish I could say it doesn't really show, but it really does. :( I've been [putting all my energies into NOT smoking that basic living stuff has gone the wayside, and I'm not good with keeping up with that in the first place. :( :(

So, hopefully getting away and getting back to nature (going to a camp in Vermont) will rejuvenate my mind and spirit.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Congrats on being able to quit smoking. That is HUGE!!!! And good for FH for doing so too. :)

That is my greatest worry, that I'll never get past wanting one for years and years. I kicked sunflower seeds years ago....and I still have my moments. Nail biting is long gone but that's been a good 20 yrs now.

I hope this vacation is fantastic, especially for you. You deserve to kick back and have a great time.

Hugs

keista

Thanks Hound, and you illustrated why I really need one. I Can't get cohesive thought out into words that make sense.

FH is short for the not so Dear H, or F***ing H, if you will. He gets nothing positive because he gets what he gives - Manure.

DammitJanet

Well congrats on the smoking! I remember when I quit smoking back in 1990. Hate to tell you I restated 6 years later. But that doesnt happen to everyone and I was stupid and mine really happened for several reason...mainly because we caught Cory smoking and I tried that old method of forcing him to smoke an entire pack of nasty, non-filtered cigarettes to make him sick but it meant that I had to light them in order to hand them off and guess who got a bit of nicotine in the process. Didnt cause him to stop and I started back.

But I do know that the first year or so were the hardest times. I couldnt even look at cigarettes without the urge. I deliberately went no where that allowed smoking, I didnt get in any checkout line where I had to look at them.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Enjoy your vaca despite fh. Keep busy with fun and relaxing enjoyable activities and you won't want to smoke!

I am at about three a day and I have to stop as well...have to get some life insurance and don't want the higher premium. It's only three, you'd think it would be a pinch. I think because it's ONLY three, it doesn't seem like a big deal. Sigh.

Have a nice time, Vermont is so beautiful this time of year!

Vermont is gorgeous, enjoy your vacation. Alone with husband, you can just relax and rekindle your relationship. It wil be great.