Good thoughts for troops

everywoman

My local National Guard left today for deployment. They had a big convoy heading out of town and lots of people lined the streets to wave flags and signs to show support. If Jana had not injured her knee, she could have been going too. Please send up some prayers for these men and women. We have already lost one young man---a student of mine---in the first few years of the war. I know everyone who was deployed.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying a prayer.

That's the hard part of living in a small town. We've lost one that the kids knew. He was honored here with an enormous funeral. The town poured out support for the family.

Fran

Former desparate mom
I get so weepy when I think of all those soldiers away from home. My heart goes out to them and their families.
There is a woman I know whose husband is returning to Afghanistan for 6 months. This is the 3rd time. She has a 10 month old. I can't even begin to imagine the stress this has on a young couple and family.

Hopefully, our prayers for their safety goes out to protect them.

Star*

call 911........call 911
They go, for us. I would like to see more flags in every Americans yard and on their cars. It's the least we could do. Prayers going up.

GOD BLESS THEM.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Adding in my prayers. My nephew is there now and should be coming home by the end of this month!

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
As the widow of an Army vet who succumbed years later to injuries incurred during Desert Storm, I want to remind all and sundry that one CAN support the troops without supporting the policies that sent them into the areas in which they are serving.