Grands - I take it ALL back.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Whatever I said - I take it back -

There is NO WAY I am going to be able to let this little angel of mine go back to her Daddy on Friday. At "Namma and Grrrrrrandpa's house" she has a fence in yard, she has grass, she has toys, she has baths, vet care, extra special food, special training, discipline, love, we play with her endlessly, took her in the pool for swimming lessons in case she falls in the pool at the fosters - and now she is sleeping right next to me in bed at night - I mean like a glove. in the morning she's lying there waiting for me to open an eye and does the submissive roll-over, love me and blow zerbits on my belly Namma.

Affectionately - since she is spoiled we have called her Princess Sparkle Fanny (thanks BBK) and since DF can't ever get it right he calls her Princess Glitter Britches. Her name is Pootie. She's 8 weeks old, white with a black patch over her left eye and 2 black ears, one solid circle of black on her back left pink pad - I kiss that foot every night.

At the fosters, there is no fence - she could run away or get - ? on the road.
there are fleas, 35 kids in daycare, sand no grass, and she's not getting attention like she does here with US! THey have rattle snakes on their property and she won't be in air conditioning all day.

I'm heartsick and trying to find a place to hide her - lol.

Even DF who says very little about it has made comments that it's going to be tough to let her go back to "that" and it's not "that" bad - we're digging deep. lol. It's good enough for our son - but he's got to work -when is she going to have someone to love her? This is so unfair.....I WANT HER HERE.

So whatever I have EVER said about giving back a grandchild or not going to get a grandchild I take it all back - lol

I can see where the YOUNG are meant to raise little ones because WOW she takes some energy from you - but that little freckly belly makes it all worth it when she is lying on the bed, getting her baby powder for itchy belly and gives you a little kiss - and smile.

I think I'm taking her to work with me tomorrow and NOT going home - lol.

oh yea and I saw a doctor after a year or so - and he LISTENED to me - he thinks I have fibroids or a blood clot (that explains the 14" ankles on one leg) and has scheduled a bunch of tests. And listened to me when I said I think THIS is wrong. I was amazed. He is about as gay as they come, but LOVELY person and sings Barry Manilow songs in the hallways. I didn't really get any answers yesterday - but I did get a TON of tests scheduled and I have FINALLY FINALLY FINALLY got someone to do an pelvic ultrasound for my Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome - and MAYBE (cross fingers) they'll just take the whole works out. I would not mind that at all. Been asking for 10 years. Maybe I wont' have to take Iron tablets ever again? LOL.

susiestar

Roll With It
I vote for taking Princess Glitter Britches to work and then out to play. Dude can come get her some other year.

Maybe you can hold her as re=payment for catching Dude up on his fines??? (Searching for any excuse here - 'cause it sounds like you fell in LOVE!).

Why do the fosters' have 35 daycare kids AND rattlesnakes on the property?? Just a question, seems to me that MY kids wouldn't have gone to a daycare where they knew they had rattlers!

I am SOOOOOO glad your new doctor is listening and taking you seriously!!!!!!

PUSH for the hysterectomy, it was wonderful for me. I was scared, because all but one of the internet sites said hysterectomies were horrible, etc..... But it IS a good long term solution for a number of us. And your situation sounds much like mine was. If given a choice, have them remove the cervix (eliminates the chance of that cancer and really, what will you use it for after a hysterectomy??) and having those blackberrry-looking ovaries out means eliminating ovarian cancer but it does mean you have to look at hormone replacement to see what is best for you.

Just what MY doctor said, estrogen only was best for me. He said progesterone is what controlled the system flushing out the lining, and really, after a hysterectomy, who needs it?? I know it does other things, but for me it was unneeded.

Anyway, I am thrilled you got a good doctor, and hopefully you can keep princess glitterbottom. Point out to Dude what you told us, heck, it may even mean he visits you more often!!!

hugs,

susie

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I vote for holding PSF ransom in exchange for the fine money.........this means you will have that dog for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.........

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Aw Star, the fur grandbaby sounds so adorable. No wonder you're having problems letting her go back home.

Glad you're gonna have those tests done and have a doctor that listens. Even if he does sing good ol' Barry. :rofl:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I have PAPER and PENCIL and I'm going to write down ALL the excuses you give me.

I love holding her ransom.

AND yes, maybe Dude would come to visit US.

Rattlesnakes are pretty common here in SC. And you ask me WHY they have a daycare AND snakes? I do not know. Dude told us he stabbed one with a pitchfork. Okay he knows snakes and it was near the dogs pen. When he went and got the foster dad - the pitch fork was there, and the snake was gone!! The foster guy said he put mothballs out for them. OH GREAT something else for the kids and dogs to get. ARGH.
Mothballs do not work on snakes FYI - they smell with their tongue -not their nose. lol. All they have to do is keep their mouth shut and moth balls don't work. lol

As to why she has kids near snakes? Who. Can. Say. I'm just glad that I taught Dude which snake was harmful and which was not when he was younger. Apparently it's paid off for him. Not so much for the snake. I would have rather he called someone and had the snake relocated than killed - but....he did what he thought was best considering there are kids and dogs in a pen there.

Keep the suggestions coming.....Ransom - Susie - you go girl.

DammitJanet

I HATE SNAKES! As far as I am concerned there are no good snakes! Keep that puppy!

My boys arent afraid of the snakes either...which is good considering we live on a swamp I guess. I refuse to go anywhere near where they might be. My motto is this is my house...dont come here and I wont go to their home. If they do...I have big shot gun and I will blow a hole the size of texas is anything near them!

As far as "grands"...oh yeah its hard to give them back...lol. However, keeping them for long stretches of time is a bit tiring too. I do think I could happily keep Keyana at least until she hit her teen years. Then I may want to give her back...lmao.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
There is this thing called a bond, Dude, you see and no sane person, or not so sane person would ever get in the way of the bond between a Star and Miss. Fancy Pants... (That is what we call our ghetto cat, she is a street walker)
NO-ONE... we just have to let nature run it's course, this is a sign and who am I, (I being you, Star) to mess with the Gods or nature?

As far as a Hysterectomy, sometimes when I am jumping up and down on a trampoline, since having kids, it feels like I could give myself one?!? You might try that, it could be less expensive...

I am glad Mr. Mannilow is listening... "I make the Diagnosis that make the women happy, I write the prescriptions that make you feel more peppy...

everywoman

You could do like they (the difficult children do) and promise to give him back LATER :)---and as you know star that is the same as the 12th of never!!!!

As for the hysterectomy---I had one at 28----let's see that would be last year or in real human years---17 years ago. Best thing I've ever done. I have one ovary left in me for hormone reasons. Loved my OBGYN----He left town after my hysterectomy but I saw him last month a "Historical Society" meeting and we picked up right where we left off. He and I had a "special" bond. husband says he reminds him everytime he see him that I was/am his favorite patient of all time---even if he almost killed me!!! (Long, long story)

I took foster daughter to her OBGYN yesterday. She is 26. They gave her pamphlets on a full and partial hysterectomy. I think she is really my biochild that I forgot I had. We go back next week to schedule.

meowbunny

Star, I'd just tell Dude that this pup deserves better than she is getting. The fleas, the snakes, leaving her out in the hot sun. Let him know he can visit her whenever he has free time but no way is that dog going back to that household. And he better not consider getting another dog while he is there or you'll kick his behind. If you don't, Florida isn't that far from SC and I'll have NO hesitation it kicking it for you.

As to the hysterectomy, go for it. I fought tooth and nail to not have one. Kept hoping and praying for a medical miracle so I could have a biological child. No luck. Had I known what a difference it would make both physically and mentally, I would have had it at least 10 years earlier. I just quit the estogen about 3 years ago and am now suffering with nasty, vile, ugly, miserable hot flashes.

Steely

As far as a Hysterectomy, sometimes when I am jumping up and down on a trampoline, since having kids, it feels like I could give myself one?!? You might try that, it could be less expensive...

I am glad Mr. Mannilow is listening... "I make the Diagnosis that make the women happy, I write the prescriptions that make you feel more peppy...

OMG Toto........you have me in stitches!!!
Hilarious.

Star* keep the pooch because he makes you happy! Little freckled belly and all.
I missed my dogs on my trip to Seattle more than I missed any one other thing. Their unconditional love is incomparable to any human. And when they smile? Geesh.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ahhhhhhhhh she is a puppy Witz. (Thanks for considering with me it could be anything but a cockroach) lol.

If I thought I could bounce on a trampoline without hitting the ground Toto - I would but I fear at this rate? I crawl on - I go to the ground, no rebound, springs break, I have to replace a childs toy. See when this started I was 119 lbs and wore size 5/6 - 8 months later I'm in a 22 and 280 lbs. I've been on diet for 26 weeks with the rest of the healthy living and gained 10 lbs. Yes I exercise it only serves to make me feel like I'm having a heart attack. So I get an EEG too. lol -

Regarding Dude and how he takes care of Gramma's princess. He is Actually VERY VERY good with her. He takes her everywhere, and has his room set up so that she had food, and water and toys and it is cool in the house. HE has called twice this week to check on her and said he'll be here tomorrow night to get her. He buys her food before anything else and tonight when I asked him about the snakes he said the day before they left for the beach they cleaned up and looked for snakes. They killed the one Dude stabbed, and another smaller one that Dude said was not a rattler. He said the man doesnt' care - and then I guess while they are at the beach someone is spraying the lawn and house for fleas.

Their dogs also got Frontline while I was there on Friday - so maybe it's not "so" bad. When she sees him she lights up and he just goes all crazy for her. He was angry about the fleas because he was bathing her so much her skin was drying out. When I asked him about her being outside in the heat - he said she GOES for the dirt - I said to get cool - so we're going to have a leash/collar discussion. No more - dog out the door no supervision.

And meow - Girl I'd pay your air fare here - but I would beat you to kicking someone's butt. He saved her from certain death - we agree on that - but we're going to butt in I guess and help him with things like frontline and heartguard, vet visits -we'll offer 1/2 if he shows interest. If not? We'll take her to the vets and then our home.

I guess you do what you can when they are your "family". ANd he knows she would be welcome here. In true difficult child thinking - maybe if we did a good enough job of watching her for him - we'll get more visits? lol

Yeah - I'm going to go steal her. I'll just pull up, wave her pink stuffed kitty from Macy's and into the SUV she'll go. lol THEN I'll leave the ransom note. BWAH HAH HAH.

-Oh stop me, I'm sick.

Steely

You know Star, when I was in Seattle, my difficult child, like Dude, took such amazing care of our pups. It struck me, once again, how compassionate these kids are........
I have always known Matt was compassionate & loved his dogs........but he really put it into action while I was gone. I don't know, it just makes me wonder. These gentle difficult children..........and yet....... their violent tendencies.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. In my old age, I had to reread this 3 times to figure out whether you were talking about a pet or a kid. At this point, I'm assuming it is a pet. If not, pardon me.

KEEP IT!!!

Abbey

klmno

Star, I was with you all the way- until- you mentioned her pink stuffed animal is from MACY"S!!!

Well, aren't you the snob. (LOL) Our little girl has a stuffed, and squeaky, pig, racoon, 2 squirrels, rabbit, hedgehog, ferret, and sheep. Our little boy has 2 bones and several squeaky, soft, miniature basketballs (this is all he likes- besides the variety of treats- he has Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) -LOL) AND NONE. OF. THEM. ARE. FROM. MACYS.

Thank goodness we don't spoil our animals the way you do!

Your princess is your chain on Dude- she's lucky- and you can use this to see more of him and her. Take advantage of it!

PS- I'm glad you are going to see to it that she gets preventative heartworm and flee medications- it sounds like that is what she needs the most. It sounds like she is doing some good for Dude, too!

Good Mama- Good Gramma!! Now- quit spoiling her soo much!

Star*

call 911........call 911
CARP! - He called again last night to check on Pootie. I told her.....she ran away. The phone went dead silent for 5 seconds and then he said "With ANYONE else Mom maybe, but how can she run away when you've attached her to your heart? I'll be there tomorrow to get her."

Dratted kid. :mad:

I started to speak in Korean but he said I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU BUT I AM GOING TO BE THERE TO PICK UP MY PUPPY TOMORROW.

Dratted kid. :mad:

4sumrzn

Hey....can you have a "Gramma Visitation" rights written up for him??? Stating that grand-fur-baby gets to spend so many hours/days a week or every other weekend at Gramma's??? ;)

TerryJ2

Awwww--Princess Glitter Britches--too funny!

Your dr. sounds like a hoot. I'm so glad you found him and that you are getting some tests done. Way To Go!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
June 20, 2008

Let It Be Known To All Peoples:

That on this day June 20, 2008. Star and Dude have entered a formal contract stating that said Grandog aka Pootie, PootieBear, Princess Sparkle Fanny, Princess Glitter Britches, No-No a white American Bulldog, aged 9 weeks with black spot on left eye and 2 ears. Is to be seen by her Grandparents, Grrrrrandpa and Namma, at least one time a week, and 2 weekends a month for visitation.

At said visitation Grrrrrrandpa and Namma promise to provide oodles of love, tremendous spoiling, Flea treatment 1x a month, Heartguard treament 1 x a month, and toys (maybe not all the time from Macys), but nonetheless quality age appropriate toys.

Dude agrees to bring her and pick her up, keep her flea free, clean and in air conditioning 90% of her day. He agrees to only allow her in the yard on a leash for potty visits 5 x a day, and promises to give her fresh food in her dish all day long and clean water each morining. He further promises to take her out and play with her a minimum of 30 minutes 4x a day, and provide her with snacks, obedience classes and love.

Vet bills will be a match of 50% on the part of the grandparents. Should any part of this contract be reniged on Grandparents will be awarded sole custody of said Pootie. Dude will be banished to a desserted island where he will be treated like he treated Pootie for the duration of his teenage years.

Signed.......

Yeah like he'll go for this. lol :whiteflag: