He is so easy to predict

slsh

member since 1999
I seem to have finally maxed out my tolerance for being hung up on, even when I know it's coming.

thank you wanted to come home this Fri and stay thru the new year. At staffing 2 weeks ago (which he walked out of) I made it clear that if school is in session, he has to be there. That's been the rule ever since he's been out of our house. School is in session thru the 23rd.

He called today to set up arrangements. When I reminded him of school, he said principal had given permission for him to miss those days next week (gee, thanks principal, who was in staffing -ugh). Nope, thank you, school is in session, you need to (have the opportunity to) be there. Really not principal's fault - just thank you trying to get around things as usual (go *thru* the hoop son, please, just once).

Insert long string of typical difficult child profanities, etc., followed by... say it with me...

"Well then (expletive) it, I just won't come home at all."

It's too "inconvenient" for him to catch train this Friday (he wanted to be home for Wee's b-day on Sat) and then again next week. And it is, of course, all about him.

He did close the conversation in a new way before he hung up on me:

"Well, thanks Mom for your attention to this." click

I haven't had that flash of rage over his junk in a very long time, but I am just *so* tired of being hung up on, you know? He's just so doggone rude. He knows better. I'm so over it.

CM called back - he's been on leave for a couple of months and he said he'd forgotten how immature thank you can be, LOL. Silly man. So I told him that thank you more than likely will regret his decision in a day or two, if it takes that long, and of course he can come home when school is not in session.

:bah-humbug:

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Sorry he's so good at yanking your chain. I think a flash of rage is appropriate in this circumstance. But you are right to just let it go. He can swear and pout and say whatever he wants, but he'll reap the consequences eventually.

(((HUGS)))

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. Our kids can somehow find a way to stun us with their rudeness no matter what, can't they?

It is a shame the principal couldn't support you in saying he needed to be there for school. Kudos to you for sticking to your guns.

And for not sticking your hand through the telephone to wring thank you's neck!