Hello Everyone! Update from us

Mandy

Parent In Training
We have been so busy lately that I haven't been able to get on here and post! I figured I would do a little update on Little Bear since you all have been wonderful on here about giving us great advice.

Little Bear started KG and has been doing wonderfully! He has had all good days on his behavior chart besides one where he was in just a little trouble for "making noises".

I also got a meeting in with his school psychiatric who will be doing his evaluation for sp ed. She is a very nice lady and as soon as I brought up my fear of Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) she said she would do some additional testing for him. That way if she believes he is Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) then he can also receive services under that category.

Now that Little Bear's behaviors are in check, for the most part, we are defintly seeing signs of Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD). I let the school psychiatric know abt the online screening we did at childbrain that came up Mild to Moderate Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD) (mine came up Mild and husband's came up Moderate). If she also thinks this then we are definitly getting him into a developmental pedi one way or the other.

therese005us

Hi Mandy

Good to read your update, and it sounds like the KG folk are going to be really supportive and open to you.

Hope it all continues well, though from my own experience, they are rather slow in getting all initial assessment stuff done. However, it is nice to see that they are moving, and willing to talk to you.

good luck with it! and keep us all posted of the progress.:D

M

ML

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear the folks at school seem to be listening and working with you. That helps so much.