Help, my 8 year old is a thief.

nvts

I can't agree more about going for a full blown assessment...it really helps put things in perspective. Big Bad Kitty had the best idea about earning the stuff back. It gives them some motivation to do the right thing.

Even if you aren't committed to getting an evaluation, get the appointment asap because these professionals usually take a couple of months to get around to you! Just goes to show, there are many of us moms & dads out there!

Good luck! There's a great crew on here & they really help you learn a lot!

Beth
:thumb:

Newbie2007

Oh My gawd, MeowBunny! You have nailed it on the head. I have felt so many times that she will never be satisifed with what I give her and that she can drain the lifes blood out of me at time. I do sacrifice a lot! She just now for the first time at 8 had a babysitter while I went and did a seminar that I needed. It was a big step. I never joined a gym because I felt guilty leaving her in the daycare section while I worked out. Here I am 25 lbs over weight! Well, that has got to stop.,

I joined a gym and today is the first day she is going to the daycare.

We are going on a cruise, and you know what.... I don't feel guilty about leaving her in the cruise camp while I have some ME time. It has always been all about her.. but I have got to start giving myself some love too.

You are right... she expects it. Maybe when she sees that its not all about her, she isn't entitled, that other people are entitled to a little joy as well, then she might learn boundaries and compasion.

I never had a thing growing up with 8 brothers and sisters and it amazes me that her as a single child has so much but never seems grateful or satisfied. I guess she shouldn;t have to be grateful, but it does hurt my feelings at times.

Thanks so much for your imput!!

Big hugs to you all - what a great group of gals!
XXXOOO