HELP, Need Support

DenitaS

I was a part of this forum a few years ago and it helped tremendously! Things got better for awhile and then I forgot about this site.
Things are REALLY bad now so, I decided to pop back in!
DD1 is driving us ALL nuts. She is running and running and walks around sulky and ready to fight!!! Nothing you say is the right thing or the right way to handle everything. She just started on her Depakote and is already complaining because she has to take 2 pills.
We have a meeting on Thursday with her, myself, her counselor and social services. I think they are going to try to scare her straight. They are going to address the baby and tell her if she doesn't stay on her medications and straighten up they will take him from her. I just am at a loss and don't know what to do anymore. I would LOVE to emancipate her, she refuses to follow any rules and just does what she wants anyway. I have put a call into an attorney to see what my options are. She seems to think that all of her problems are because of DD2 and won't let me do the parenting. If she thinks the punishment is not good enough for DD2 she will just jump right in and tell her how it should be. ARGH!!!
I am trying really hard not to engage with her and just blow things off but............ sometimes that doesn't work so well.
I am sure that this meeting Thursday will make things MUCH worse rather than better!!
Any ideas or suggestions????
If you need more info just ask, there is a TON more to it but I didnt' want to overwhelm anyone with it all!!!

Hi! I'm Denita and I am just tired of it all!

busywend

Welcome back! Sorry you had to join us here again.

My difficult child will be the best parent ever....ahem....ahem....at least in her eyes. She is constantly telling me how she would parent her little brothers (they are with her dad, not mine). I just remind her that it is harder than it looks. Remind her just how hard SHE made being a mom. Explain that people probably thought I was not doing enough, either.

Anyway, I hope they get somewhere with her on Thursday!

DenitaS

So far so good this morning, she is mildly crabby but not too bad. She and her dad had it out last night and I told her this morning that everytime she has an outburst and is yelling at us she will lose one day of the computer. She said whatever and mumbled something as I was walking out of the room, I just ignored it cause it is no use to argue with her about it!
Hope everyone has a great day!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Welcome back - and hugs.....

Sounds like you're going through a tough time. Hang in there.