He's Back!

JLady

A ship lost in the night
No medications today. He is back to being my wild and happy little boy that no one wants to deal with. It's really a welcoming sight from the angry little boy he has been the last few months. I'm takin ghim to the psychiatrist today and I want her to see what he is like without any medication at all.

He's been on something since November and I think at first it was a relief but I'm wondering if I didn't lose him along the way. I hope she has some good advice for us today. I would really like some solutions. I often worry that I'm doing it all wrong.

Today I will enjoy my wild little boy. At least he is happy.

JLady

aeroeng

Mom of Three
I often worry that I'm doing it all wrong.
Well of course you are doing it all wrong, we all are. But with all the advice from professionals, parents, and "experts", I have realized that there is no correct way. Your best "wrong way" is all you can do.

klmno

I don't blame you for trying this- especially as young as he is. He might need medications but sometimes a medication-wash and starting over can be a good thing, in my humble opinion. I wish I could have done that with my son but he might have burnt the house down. :(

Good luck at the appointment with psychiatrist!

TerryJ2

Aw, he sounds cute, anyway!
Interesting that he's happy with-o medications.
I hope the psychiatrist has some insights.

JLady

A ship lost in the night
We had a great day. We have changed his medicine from Vyvanse to Strattera. Anyone have experience with that? She said it may be better for him because it doesn't contain the stimulus.

What I really like about this psychiatrist is that she never rushes us for the next patient. She takes as much time as needed to help us. That is a good thing in my book. We talked about the side affects of the medicine. It is the combination of ADHD and Aspergers that causes him to have such a hard time. There is no way he can go without medication at all. He was everywhere.

We started the Strattera this afternoon and he was still himself. An "UN-angry" boy. I have been told it will take a couple of weeks to get into his system. I guess time will tell. We are still taking the rispidal as well.

Jena

it's not easy, yet time will tell. medications are a rough thing, changing medications are a rough thing i've come to learn.

yet sounds like you had a great day and that's what counts. you aren't doing it all wrong your doing your best and that's what counts.

(((hugs))))