House getting too clean

JJJ

Okay, weird I know, but I have been doing great about cleaning the house. But now the main level rooms are so clean it feels weird! I need to go in my craft room or Kanga's room to see "mess". My house looks so much bigger without all the piles of stuff LOL

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
JJJ--

I don't usually follow the "Healthful Living" section...but your thread title caught my eye.

I'd like to offer you some assistance--any time you feel your home is just too clean, please feel free to drop by MY house for a visit. It will NEVER make the "too clean" list...

:tongue:

--DaisyFace

JJJ

LOL - it's always easier to clean someone else's home!

Oh no, I had a burst of energy and cleaned part of Kanga's room -- the cleanliness is spreading....:highvoltage:

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
If you want to freeze fanny off after that time in parts south of me, feel free to come on up here.

All I need is someone capable of getting down on the floor and back up, and who doesn't mind weilding a scrub brush in between.

I can mop, but baseboard areas, etc., need a good scrubbing. My knees are too shot for me to be able to get my fat butt off the floor once I get down on it.

LittleDudesMom

JJJ,

I'm kinda a neat freak myself. I do housework every single day. I hate piles of stuff laying around - although I do have a room upstairs that is my "catch all". I'm pretty orgranized and live by the motto that everything has a place. I also try and live by the addage that if it doesn't have a home in my house, it isn't coming in! Everything has it's place..........

There is something very gratifying, for me, to settling down in the evening in a clutter-free enviornment.

Now, I must also say that I grew up in a very clean and organized home. My mother told me, when I was out on my own, two things. One, it's always easier to touch something once than touch it twice. In other words, put it where it belongs while it's in your hand rather than setting it down and coming back for it later. I've found that, in the long run, this saves so much time.

The other thing she told me was never to leave dirty dishes in the sink or your bed unmade when you leave the house. She said that if, on the way home, you run across an old friend, you should never be embarrassed to ask them over.

As much as I don't want to be my mother, I find those lessons hard to leave behind!

Sharon

trinityroyal

JJJ, I know it feels strange to have order in your surroundings. At first everything looks so stark and bare. But just give it a little time. You may grow to like it. A lot.

I'm kinda a neat freak myself. I do housework every single day. I hate piles of stuff laying around

I can completely relate to this. I find that having clutter around short-circuits my head and makes my ADHD MUCH MUCH worse. I can get into a shiny-object loop in seconds if there's lots of stuff out on the flat surfaces, instead of put away.

Now, I must also say that I grew up in a very clean and organized home. My mother told me, when I was out on my own, two things. One, it's always easier to touch something once than touch it twice.

This is so very true. I've found that this approach has allowed me to keep ahead of the twin-mess, and rein in the Little easy child and husband messes. Sadly, they're all pile-it-up-and-deal-with-it-later-ers, but I'm slowly working on all of them. husband has a "pile cabinet" on his desk that's been accumulating for years. Fortunately it's in the basement so I don't have to look at it all the time.

never to leave dirty dishes in the sink or your bed unmade when you leave the house.

This is a BIG one. Not just because you might want to spontaneously have company over, but also because you don't have to face the prospect of dirty dishes to wash and beds to make when you come home, because they're already done.

I've found that my children, especially the Aspie ones (and that list seems to be growing) function so much better in an orderly environment. They can think, they follow rules better, they're better tempered, don't whine to me about being bored as often (possibly because they can find their toys and DVDs?)

Congratulations on a job well done.