How about a gift exchange...or...

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
simply a 'gift give away'? We can re-gift the things we don't want but that someone else may LOVE? How about it?

Here is my first item, if anyone wants it.

It is a Made in Italy, genuine leather, T. Giorgio, Messenger bag. It measures 12" deep x 13" wide and 4" expansion. It has a long strap that can be adjusted or worn over the shoulder or across the chest.

It's really beautiful, but not my thing and it's orange (like this here font color). But if I were an orangy person and liked bags that hung down around my hiney, I'd definitely want it...hahaha.

Anyway, it is up for grabs. First person to PM me wins it. Just send your address. I swear, I am not kidding.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Jo, why not just put it up for sale on eBay? There's bound to be someone out there somewhere who's just dying to have it!

Sounds nice, though... except for the orange part... :D

Lothlorien

I'd put it up on ebay too. You never know....
I would love to hear what gifts you got that you may either give away, regift or sell.

I got a belgian waffle maker. I already have one. I'm putting it aside to see if my girlfriend wants it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
upallnight wins!!:jumping::bravo:

I did put it on craigslist, but then I thought there are so many people here who do so many interesting things and I'm not interested in making money and just thought that if it went to someone here, at least I know it would be loved and wanted and needed.

If you recall, I wrote that post about 'they don't know me'? Well, this is a perfect example. Hahaha. And not so surprisingly, my sister also gave gifts to difficult child and easy child that are just...not bad....just not them. Hahaha - And, she took the tags off everything so it's not like we can go exchange them, you know? She claims that she bought this bag for me when she was in Italy earlier this year. I don't believe it. I know her - she probably bought it for herself, ran out of time before my birthday and quickly threw it into a box for me (because she's always buying herself things and then they end up either getting chewed up by one of her dogs or under the couch collecting dust. I know it shouldn't matter, and the gift itself doesn't, but the minimal amount of thought put into it does matter. Am I a big whiner or what? H said that I'm a baby. I can't even remember what she gave me for Christmas...and it was just yesterday. I feel so rotten, but there it is. Hahaha - having a good laugh over here all by myself!

It is a lovely bag, just not my style. I'm sure it was expensive because she's not a penny pincher and almost always pays top dollar.

Anyway, thanks for the responses...

M

ML

What a great idea! I may have to go through my stuff and do a bit of regifting. I have a friend who has clothes swapping parties. Everyone goes through their closet and brings what they don't wear anymore, probably because they've lost or gained weight. You'd be amazed at how one person's junk is another's treasure!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What a great idea! I may have to go through my stuff and do a bit of regifting. I have a friend who has clothes swapping parties. Everyone goes through their closet and brings what they don't wear anymore, probably because they've lost or gained weight. You'd be amazed at how one person's junk is another's treasure!

Well, that's just it, isn't it? For the first time in a long time, I received some really nice gifts for Christmas and my birthday this year (from my girls and H!!), but there are usually one or two that just don't jive with who I am, in particular those that I receive from one sister and one of my oldest and closests friends. It's not that they are bad or horrible, just not me, Know what I mean??

If anyone has a gift that they received but have no interest in keeping, I'd love hear about it and keep this going. I have a couple of other items that I wouldn't miss - lol.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I haven't decorated my home for Christmas since my divorce so that's 5 Christmases now.

Nevertheless, this year I received ornaments from twofriends who both prefaced handing me their gifts with, "I know you don't do this anymore but just in case..."

HUH?

If you know I don't do this anymore when what are you thinking?

Anyone want a couple of ornaments? Brand new. Never used.

:rofl:

Suz

tiredmommy

I just have to share this with you from the other side. I have never, I repeat never given my mother a gift she has liked. She has given away every single gift I have ever given her (even as a child) and made a point of telling me about it. So I've stopped trying as of a few years ago. I finally figured out she would only be happy with the following: pot, beer, money to buy pot or beer, or a pound of my flesh.

Merry Christmas. :winks:

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
TM your Mom needs to move up to North Idaho!!! Some of my old friends and her would get along lovely! Maybe even she could *Hook* up with my older Brother! I don't think he smokes pot, but I am sure he knows a lot who do... he is in the restaraunt business after all.

Shoot I had a couple I gave away... from the in-laws.
Actually we really didn't give or get much which is how we wanted it and everyone followed for once!!!

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I don't think he smokes pot, but I am sure he knows a lot who do... he is in the restaraunt business after all.

What does that mean?! ;) Haha - My easy child is in the restaurant business and she's as much of a straight arrow as they come! Hey, tot, does that mean that all people with tatoos drive Harleys? When do I get mine (I have three tats)??Hahaha - nice.

Suz, I would love some ornaments. Should I PM you my address? If you like we can swap out and I can send you something completely random and non-Christmas related. I have a stockpile over here.

OK, Jog, I mailed you 4 pairs of the softest socks from Bath and Body Works, plus the gift basket of vanilla things....... BBK I know Tink loves to do art project with you.....look out for a surprise.........(Hooray I can't wait for the bag, the bag I carry now is hot pink and gigantic, I'll love the orange one) Alyssa

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Just for the record.........I appreciate that my friends thought of me and I appreciate their kindness. Honest.

That said...

Jo, PM me your address. I'll be happy to send these off to someone who will truly appreciate them. :D

And no, I don't need anything in return but thanks for asking. :)

Suz

Jena

i have one adorable cute typical teen/easy child up for grabs.............. i'll ship her and pay for delivery??:hammer::rofl:

ok i'm totally making myself laugh!! BE WARE she eats alot!!!

Jo - what a cute idea this was!!! Love it!!

Jena

LOL OMG!!! SHe's way way too funny. I"m just playing catch up. But Suz wait i dont' want a kid in exchange!!!!??? LOL

Star*

call 911........call 911
So what is left?

Did I miss the ornaments, soft socks and art kit? lol..........

Anyone have a donkey left over from their manger they don't want?