How can you miss a dog more than a man?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Actually, I know the answer to that.

Anyways...I know you have seen some of these photos, but I love Rockstar and miss him dearly.

http://s297.photobucket.com/albums/mm203/Abbey888/?action=view&current=e1a85cfe.pbw

He was so fun to play with. He was just too old to give up a fight at my antics.

Skippy was a hoot. It'd be 5-6am and I'm laying out in the patio trying to do photo shoots with a dog that can barely stand. Skippy is yelling...LET THE DOG ALONE!! Nope. It's called quality time.

Miss you Rock!!

Abbey

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Aw, what a sweetie peach!

I know that when I go away, I always miss my dogs more than my H and even my kids. Sounds terrible, but at the end of my day, I just love getting home to see my loveable pooches. And when I go to bed at night, I love falling asleep with the weight of their little bodies by my feet.

What a nice tribute your photos are!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Very, very easily.

Hugs.

Laughing my arse off.

I miss that dog. I don't think he's got a few too many days left. It was fun to hold him, snuggle (even though he couldn't get away. The perfect man.) and do silly photos. I can only imagine what was going through his mind. Who let this crazy woman in here??? Why do I see a flash every 15 seconds? Now I REALLY can't see.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
http://images.search.yahoo.com/imag...&sigr=12bc1v3f0&sigi=11oj4vhh6&sigb=13s6vjet0

Highly recommend you read this book.

er I mean

Riley reccorend roo read ris rook -
Rove,
Rock

donna723

"How can you miss a dog more than a man?" Oh, that's an easy one!

:D My dogs have never lied to me. They have never snuck around and been seeing another owner behind my back.

:D They never yell, cuss, or drink beer! They have never got drunk and wrecked the car ... and then blamed in on the car!

:D I pretty much always know where they are.

:D They are totally honest. What you see is what you get.

:D They don't spend their paychecks on silly stuff. And none of them have ever bounced a check.

:D My dogs will eat the same thing day after day and not care - in fact, they prefer it.

:D They don't care what I wear or if my hair is done or if I am wearing makeup. They don't care how much money I make or what kind of car I drive. And they still celebrate every evening when I come home!

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm going to the library, Star.

All I know is at 5am this morning my neighbor's dog (different one) came bounding up my stairs to my porch in the heavy snow with more energy that 10 dogs could muster. He wanted to play ball. It's dark, cold and snowing. He didn't care. I did, but am such a sucker for animals I stood out there for quite awhile tossing his ball in my PJ's as he ran up and down my stairs.

Sigh. I need a dog. Maybe a cat or two. Maybe I can make a trade for H at the shelter for a nice dog. Naw...they probably wouldn't go for that.

Abbey

witzend

Donna, I had to add...

* If I don't have time to shower today or wash my hair he thinks I smell even better.

K

Kjs

aaahhhh - Chloe is my first dog ever in my life. I definately would miss her. If we ever got divorced, he could not have the dogs. They are MINE. Even though husband talks to/plays with the dogs more than me...he can't have them. They are my babies.

husband religiously took the dogs out to the parks to run. I did also. Religiously. regardless of the weather. Chloe tore her ACL 6 weeks ago. He has not once taken Kenzie out. She is the hyper dog. She runs so graceful and fast. I take her to the Lake / Sand dunes / dog park. She runs and never ever stops. She runs then back tracks to me and runs again. Plays with other dogs, swims in the swamp, then in the Lake. (swamp on one side...Lake Michigan on the other side)
I told husband the other night that Kenzie isn't responsible for Chloe's injury. She still needs to run.

maril

Thanks for sharing the pictures; how nice they are and what a thoughtful tribute to Rockstar. You clearly miss him very much.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I always miss my dogs more than husband. When I get home from school they're always the first I greet. lol

You can see Rockstar's sweetness in his pics.

Abbey

Spork Queen
As I was looking through the pics, there is only one of him actually standing up. So sad. His back legs are so bad. His right back leg in particular. Fortunately, there are a lot of people around to help him get up, but then it's a quick trip to potty...if he makes it, then back down. Everyone knows the grunting sound and immediately goes to his aid. Insert lots of accidents in the house. I learned to look carefully where I stepped when I got up in the morning. Many times the poor guy just couldn't get up or make it through the doggie door.

When he did make it outside, he'd come in and just lay his head in my lap as I was typing. Pet me...pet me. I'd pet him for a minute, then he'd go lay down. I felt so bad that I'd go lay on the floor with him. Inevitably, one of the guys would come down and find me on the floor with the dog. "Oh, God...she's sleeping with the dog again." So I smell like dog. What's your point?:tongue:

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Maybe I can make a trade for H at the shelter for a nice dog. Naw...they probably wouldn't go for that.

Abbey

After working several shelters and animal ASPCA kennels I can tell you that some trade-ins are taken in and immediately put to sleep, after they are assessed and marked UNADOPTABLE.

SOmething to keep in mind if you're still considering swapsies?

Abbey

Spork Queen
After working several shelters and animal ASPCA kennels I can tell you that some trade-ins are taken in and immediately put to sleep, after they are assessed and marked UNADOPTABLE.

SOmething to keep in mind if you're still considering swapsies?

Don't put ideas into my head.

Abbey