How do you relieve stress??

PlainJane

Every dog has his day....
How do you deal with stress?
When I talk to parents of typical kids, I feel like they don't get just how stressful parenting difficult child is.
I get advice like "get out once or twice a month"...Once or twice a month!!??
I need a stress relief by noon time. I find myself snacking, which is not good since I need to lose weight. Getting away from difficult child for alone time is not possible during the day and I find snacking is something that relieves my stress even when the pooh is hitting the fan, as it doesn't require peace and quiet, or alone time.
How do you relieve stress throughout the day??
Oh I wanted to add, incase my name seems new, I had it changed because the old one was my email. Just anyone who's like "Who's Jane???" :)

Mama Raygun

Hmmm stress relief... Sometimes my house gets so hectic I could scream, when possible I sneak away and take my dogs for a walk or do some yoga. More often tho I hide in the bathtub with a book, I'm a big reader. ;)

H

HaoZi

Ditto the bubble bath and book here. A little quiet time between when I get off work and when Kiddo gets home from school is much cherished!

i smoke.

and i don't apologize for it.

i know iTourette's Syndrome a terrible habit that will kill me, but stress will get me first. i dont smoke in my house, so i literally am forced to take a 3 min smoke break out of my crazy surroundings. i quit for 5 months last year...it took one phone call from a principal for me to go right back to it. clearly, i wasnt ready.

very unPC, but it works for me.

crazymama30

I go to work. Without work? I would not be able to handle life. No way could I be a stay at home mom, and I don't know how any of you do it.

B

Bunny

Well, sometimes a few glasses of wine will put me in a very fine mood!

Other times, I fall into a book. I find when I read that I don't think about the real world and I can forget everything else that is going on around me. I love books. Other time, which has been more often lately, I do needlework. Lots of it! I spend alot of time on that while the kids are at school. Once a week I go out to friends' houses for "stitch night". We rotate houses, so once every three weeks or so stitch night is here at my house, but husband knows that he's on duty that night. Problems come up with the kids? He handles it while I sit with my friends, stitch, chat, and eat. Stitch night ALWAYS includes a yummy dessert!