How very tragic!

Tiapet

Old Hand
I feel very badly for the grandma and pray that this child will be alright.

I can't imagine.

I hate guns, period.

Did she forget she was carrying it in her purse?

There is no time for judgment now, just prayers.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh my goodness, how awful. I hate guns too. Sending out prayers that the little peanut is going to be okay. I bet her gramma wishes it were her instead. So much for the idea of protecting herself, huh?

Abbey

Spork Queen
Guns? No. Not for me. I understand the need for protection, but I couldn't do it.

Hope the little girl comes out ok and Grandma heals as well.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tia,

I know a man who is closely related to them. This happened here in the town I live in. On top of shooting herself the little girl (age 4) has MS or MD. (man was not sure)

It's sad when you are a judge (magistrate here in SC) that HAS to carry a handgun with you to protect yourself from criminals - but still - HOW could you ever leave your purse where a child could have access for even one moment? The article stated that she has a CWP - WHOOPIE - if you or I had a CWP and our grandkids shot themselves WE would be going to jail - there are no charges pending. I THINK THAT is amazing - that this woman was irresponsible and a child shot herself - WHAT if the gun had been pointed at someone elses child or husband?

I'm outraged that there are NO consequences for judges and officials here in SC - it's a GOOD OLD BOY SYSTEMS for sure - OUR STATE TREASURER was a millionaire, he got busted with LOADS of cocaine and had been under surveillance for months - he got a cushy rehab stint in NEW MEXICO. Then came back to be "placed" in jail for a term NOT to exceed 18 months

COME ON does SC legislature think we are blind? ARGH and now this - a judges granddaughter shoots herself and she won't get charged? A man locally had a gun in his house up on a shelf - unloaded, and the kids 4 and 5 climbed up in the closet, found the gun, found the bullets and put the 2 together and one kid killed the other and the man is doing LIFE. SEE what I mean?

AWFUL isnt' the word.

and the little girl? She is still in the hospital here - in Stable condition which is better than they gave her when she was taken from Sams club yesterday. So that is a good sign. No major arteries or organs were affected.