I got an owie!

DammitJanet

I was so tired from all the court drama today that I went to take a rest in my bedroom when we got home. I had taken a plate with a bit of food on it in with me to watch tv as I rested.

Well dont you just know that when I got up to take the plate back into the kitchen I caught my foot in a cord and fell. I couldnt catch myself because I was carrying the plate and it went flying and I went crashing to the ground on both knees and my left hand. My knees are so scraped up with rug burn and my left hand/arm is just killing me. I know I didnt break anything but when you have the pain syndromes I have with the fibro and the arthritis it doesnt take much of a jolt to make you scream...lol.

Ugh...Im going to be so sore and stiff for days now.

tiredmommy

{{{Janet}}} I hope you don't stiffen up too much from this. I hurt my back/hip similarly yesterday trying to maneuver an overly full shopping cart through a potholed parking lot. I still hurt.

M

ML

I'm so sorry Janet. I hate it when I do stuff like this. I just hope you recover quickly! Thinking of you (((Janet)))
ML

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Lord, ain't that the truth Witz? Not fair I tell ya, youth is wasted on the young.

(((((hugs))))) Janet. OUCH! Some owie! Those rug burns I swear are horrid things. Makes my teeth rattle just to think of you falling like that. OUCH!! :faint:

If you're anything like me, you're gonna hurt far worse tomorrow. So be sure to baby yourself.

Sending more ((((hugs)))) cuz I know how much it hurts to fall like that.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Oh yuck!!! Just what you needed after a tough day... and you were looking for a little rest!
I hope you aren't too beat up... those darn kids... it is still their faults somehow!!!

Heal quickly...

F

flutterbee

Ouch! When you fall like that you always hit so hard and you probably won't realize until tomorrow what else got jolted.

Baby yourself. I'm thinking a nice soak in a warm tub.

(((hugs)))

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Some people will do anything to get out of housework...:winks:

I'm KIDDING!

Whenever I've taken a graceful tumble like that, it usually happens at the most inopportune times and interferes with lots of crazy stuff that's going on in mylife -- I chalk it up to God's way of telling me I need to slow down and take it easy.

Hope the aches and pains aren't too bad, but enough so that you can enjoy a little pampering over the next few days!

Tiapet

Old Hand
Oh Janet I'm so sorry that happened to you! Find your heating pad, blanky, best spot and warm soaks as you can and rest as best as you can. Maybe it's a sign to take it easy. A forced "take it easy" ya know? ;)

meowbunny

I'm sorry you fell like that but being the demented person I am, I had to chuckle about those rug burns on the knees and elbows -- just think of the stories you can make up on how you got them. No one's gonna believe the truth anyway so you and husband can have some fun explaining the "fun" you had getting them. (Told you I was demented!)

Hope you feel better soon.

I'd hug you but I'm afraid that might hurt you right now (and the arthritis in my shoulder makes it difficult to raise my arm right now anyway).

Lothlorien

Take it easy for a day or so. I hope you feel better. I don't have Fibro and I know I would be sore for a couple of days. I feel for you.

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Sending cyber hugs, hopefully they won't hurt when you receive them........Try not to move and bet you will have some doosey bruises and meowbunny?????? All I can say is she is truely demented........

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hugs Janet - hope you're not too sore today!!

Whenever I take a "spill" (and yes it's often enough), H asks me if I "fell like an old person?"...which in case you don't know it is kind of like free falling. You simply don't have time to react so you don't even try to catch yourself, you sort of go with it. I always fall like an old person, it started about 15 years ago! Well, except when I fell down the basement stairs last year. That time, I felt like a cat scrambling to somehow land on my feet and avoid knocking the back of my head on the way down. Ouch - that was painful.

So, it sounds like you didn't fall like an old person, since you put out your left hand. Good for you, it ain't over yet.

Have a nice hot soak in the tub. Feel better~

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet -

I'm so sorry! (Sends bandaid and Bactine)

NOW TELL US HOW YOU REALLY GOT THE RUG BURNS:surprise:

(Oh ghees....sending myself to the corner AGAIN)

susiestar

Roll With It
Janet,

I am so sorry. I know how hard it is to get over a fall with fibro and arthritis. Hopefully you can rest for a few days. Let the guys fend for themselves!

Hugs,

Susie

4sumrzn

I hope you've found a way to ease the pain. My old butt took a crash over a 3 year old (holding my hand & jumping like a wild man, purse in the other hand) in a parking lot a couple of months ago....no hands available, face plant....elbows, knees...have scars to show! Only had about 20 people see it though:faint: (didn't help). I was ouchy for days & didn't want to admit it.....please relax & take care of yourself!!!!