I have a question for the medico folks

DammitJanet

Lisa, I saw my gp yesterday and he gave me more antibiotics and pain medications (Emycin and vicodin) and told me to go back and see my dentist. So I ran back to the dentist office yesterday but I got there about 10 till five and it was too late for him to see me so I went in this morning. He looked at me and said he couldnt see anything bad looking so to just take the antibiotics the GP gave me and if Im not better in a week, come back. I swear I think they messed me up by pulling that tooth when it was abscessed.I have never had this kind of problem before. I did have a problem one other time but that was when the jaw bone splintered and a piece worked its way out of my socket and they had to reopen the socket and remove the bone fragments but I could feel the bone fragment quite early on and went in. This, I cant feel anything but swelling. Its got my face swelling from where both teeth were removed and now it hurts clear up to where my cleft is in my chin and all the way back to just under my ear. That has to be nerve pain where the swelling is pressing and damaging my nerves.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Holy crud.

Janet that is not good. He did mess you up pulling it when (obviously or you wouldn't be having this issue now) it was abscessed.

I hope the antibiotic is strong enough to knock out the infection. Makes me hurt just to think about it. If it doesn't clear up, I'd see if another dentist will take a look at the tooth/infection. Actually they know which antibiotics at which doses work best.

hugs

Marguerite

Janet, I used to take MS Contin. I now take a different form of the same sort of stuff, a once a day dose. Keep the dose as low as you can, I always aim to not eliminate all the pain. Just get it to the point where I can tolerate it.
After being on it since difficult child 3 was very young, just this year (at last) I have cut my dose to less than half. I have tried before and was not successful. I figure that now, may pain has at least eased back enough to let me do this.

Opiates do rapidly seem to lose effectiveness on your starting dose. Over the years my dose had gone up to more than twice my original dose. I'm now on less than my original dose.

Maybe once you get your tooth pain under control, you can cut your dose back or out.

Marg