I really don't know how to handle this, not handling it well actually....

DammitJanet

Delusions can be somewhat interesting and unique but they can also be a bit overwhelming. I know during the time after I came out of my coma and was getting better from the meningitis I had major delusions in the beginning but they got better over time and now I remember them fondly. It took me probably almost a year though before everything was right again.

BusynMember

In the book I'm reading, which is amazing and got medical acclaim, it says that a very early sign of a possible impending mental illness is ADHD. Of course, ADHD can just be ADHD, but sometimes it is a very, very early sign of a mental disorder. That would make sense with what we see here since almost every child started out with an ADHD diagnosis. I wish my Kindle would let me see the entire title of the book. I think I'll search for it and post the link. I think it's a great read, easy to understand, and important for everyone who has any mental illness on the family tree on either side. It goes into how to prevent that gene from turning into severe mental illness and how to help those who are already mentally ill. It is a five star scored book. Inexpensive. Here goes:

http://www.amazon.com/Lethal-Inheri...1401239873&sr=8-1&keywords=lethal+inheritance

Tiapet

Old Hand
Yes Haozi, we just completed MRi, sedated as she is 'claustrophic' (I know she isn't) and it was normal. We had that done because we thought perhaps she had something organic wrong due to some of her other issues. We really have done a lot of searching for answers.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I feel better knowing it's not a tumor, with the sudden onset and symptoms like that. I'd wonder about medication side-effects, even medications she's been on for a while. I'm not sure of her diagnosis's - is she schizophrenic or schizoaffective?

Tiapet

Old Hand
Hazoi she's on concerta days (been on it and same dose for about 6 years now), trazadone at night (lowest dose you can get), and now the prozac for about 4 months. I really don't think it's the medications. If I question the medications, i'd say the prozac has allowed more things to come out then before and "open" her up and get her talking about this all. She failed all the mood stabilizers, including a newer one either because of a side effect or they just were not good for her. Mostly bad physical side effects that she shouldn't be getting.