I'd like to share some progress :)

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I'm going to enjoy this up cycle while it lasts.

In the last few weeks, while I've been sick with a nasty sinus infection, a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI), and a really nasty reaction to the first antibiotic I was given, Storm raised two of her three failing grades to a B- and a C-.

That's not even the biggest news.

Now those who know us know our biggest fights, those where she physically goes after me in a big way, are usually about either showers/baths or computer time.
In the last few weeks she's taken TWO showers with no direct supervision. I left her a note, put her clothes out, and left her to it. She followed through. This is BIG. HUGE. Our shower is a PITA, as you have to eek the cold water this way and that or you will either be too hot or too cold (she prefers her showers pretty cold in my opinion). She still can't wash her own hair, but taking a shower on her own, without me nagging her, or having to do the water for her, is such big progress for her. I can't express how proud I am!

TeDo

CD Hall of Fame
Sorry you've been so sick. That really hoovers and I feel for you. Dealing with a difficult child is hard enough when you're feeling 100%. Sending healing vibes your way.

I am very impressed with the improved grades. Glad to hear she's buckled down and accomplished that. As for the showers....WOW!!! That is so nice to hear. Progress is progress but this is HUGE! Thank you so much for the update. I really hope she continues the "routine". (I know, probably wishful thinking but you never know)

L

Liahona

Wow that is great! Its wonderful to hear good news, especially when you weren't feeling well.

DammitJanet

Good news for Storm. I hate irritable showers. I have problems washing my hair by myself which is why I cut it short now. Makes it much easier.

Malika

Glad to hear this good news, HaoZi. Any chance you can get that shower fixed/replaced? Might encourage her to keep on in this trend, too!

Bunny

Woo hoo!! The grade improvement is good news and the showering by herself is GREAT news!! I hope she she keeps it up.

Sorry that you're feeling so cruddy. Sinus infections can be the worst to deal with! I hope you feel better soon.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
I wish the PITA shower was why she hates it. She can't stand the feel of water on her face (unless it's rain or snow, go figure). I got her goggles/face mask for the shower, she hates that, too. I can't win there either.

*Going to try going for number 3 today, let's see if she follows through - wish me luck!

TerryJ2

That's GREAT!~ I don't know what it is with-our kids but they just seem to hate to shower and bathe. As you pointed out, she hates the feel of the water on her face. Maybe as she matures, she'll find benefits that outweigh the discomfort.
Feel better! You've been through the ringer lately with-your health.

buddy

Interesting that she wouldn't want a bath instead. Q only just started taking showers but he uses the handheld shower the whole time for control.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love hearing updates like this!

I wish you weren't feeling the effects of multiple issues, but I'm SO proud of Storm!

Tiapet

Old Hand
I hope you get to feeling better soon. As for the shower issue, don't I know it! Have you tried letting or getting her to wash her hair over the sink instead? This way perhaps no or at least less water over her face.

It's always good when they make progress, no matter how little.

HaoZi

CD Hall of Fame
None of our sinks work well for washing hair. I have a handheld shower attachment in the bathroom. With her, it's the whole... But I don't know how much shampoo/conditioner to use... I don't know how to lather... I don't *want* to learn...

*All things at their own pace I guess.