If you can spare a bead to rattle...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Its pretty minor beans, but we are heading out at noon today for additional testing for wee difficult child.
We start at the state school for the deaf late this afternoon for central auditory processing disorder testing. Then we will make a red-eye-drive to Oklahoma for a full day of testing tomorrow to determine if he indeed is dyslexic and to what degree this is affecting him, as well as looking for other processing disorders.
I feel, for once, that we are on the right track with him. The things they are looking for now explain his odd processing patterns, his odd development patterns, etc. It makes more sense than "ADHD". My mommy gut says we're on the right track. In addition, the school has gone ahead and started using Ortho-Gilliam (sp?) based protocols with him and it seems to be working. Yesterday, he read "My name is Wee difficult child. I can bat a ball." Huge for a boy with NO reading ability 6 weeks ago.
So anyway, if you can spare a thought for good testing with positive results, we'd appreciate it.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I hope you have a safe trip and that the testing tells you what you need to know! Be careful on the roads!

susiestar

Roll With It
Sending lots of hugs. I somehow missed your PM earlier. I am just not in shape to come to Tulsa tomorrow. I hate not being able to meet you. But I know if I go I will sleep all day Sat and husband is working so I HAVE to be able to handle the kids.

I am so glad things are moving in the right direction!!! It is so awesome!!!!

Tell wee-difficult child I am SO proud of him!!!!