I'm home

flutterby

Fly away!
I came home to take Ashlee to the ER and found a fresh hole in the wall in the hall. Apparently easy child went into a major temper tantrum yesterday afternoon, slamming and throwing things, and scaring difficult child.

And when we get home from the ER (and then pharmacy), easy child asks me why I'm mad at him. So, I told him and he said, "Well, I'm sorry", with attitude.

He's going to have to move out. I don't care where he goes anymore. I do care where Ashlee goes, though.

I just want to go back to my mom's.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Maybe I oughta come up there and whop that boy upside the head. Whatcha think? :mad:

Seriously, they would pay rent (real rent to cover the cost of them being there) or move out. When they become a major PITA in the home and they're grown......it's time to fly the nest and see what the real world is like. ugh

((hugs))

I hope Ashlee is ok. Breathing in that stuff is some nasty business.

DammitJanet

He put a hole in the wall of a place you are renting? Oh heck no! Its not his and its not yours. Unacceptable.

Im a first class wall puncher but I only do it in places I own.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Heather,
Sorry about the hole from difficult child and the attitude from easy child-definitely sounds like he needs to move out! Hugs.

flutterby

Fly away!
It was easy child that put the hole in the wall. I'm not speaking to him right now.

I don't even want to be in my own home.

witzend

It seems he is no longer a easy child. WT H is going on with him, anyway? Is it major "cutting the apron strings", or is there really something serious going on with him? Anxiety? I'm sorry that he is adding to your burden. You most certainly don't need it. I would make him fix the wall. Can you muster up the skills between you to make him do it?

flutterby

Fly away!
difficult child and I are at my mom's. Too much tension in my house.

I told easy child that he needs to learn how to do drywall repair. He'll have to figure it out or pay to have it done.

I don't know what's going on with him, but like my mom said, he needs to get over himself.

witzend

The closer M got to being an adult the worse he got. I think that a lot of it (above and beyond his difficult child'dom) was a kind of panic that he knew he wasn't ready to be on his own, and I was a strong woman. husband was totally hands off as a dad. I mean totally. Any advice that he needed came from me. A girl. What could I possibly know about being a man? As a grown up, I know that it's about being a person, not being a man or a woman, but it seems that the boys who depend most upon women are the ones who can't figure out how to break away from us other than in a volatile way. I don't know if that makes any sense the way I said it. But, the therapist we were seeing explained it to us a little more concisely, and it made sense. Not that there was anything I could do about my being a woman, or about husband being a blob. It did help me to have some insight as to why, though. I'm glad that you're back at your mom's. Take it easy while you can.

flutterby

Fly away!
Ugh. I typed out a post and it got lost in cyberspace.

I understand what you're saying, but I don't think it applies in this situation. He thinks he's the man of the house and he's feeling put upon, but he doesn't pay rent and hasn't been making payments to my mom for his car.

I have enough on my plate. I'm not dealing with this behavior. If he wants to talk, good. Otherwise, he needs to get over himself.

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Yeah, Witzend, that sounds just like what happened with difficult child 2. He told me he knew he wan't ready to become 18. I kept on asking "why is that a magic number, I don't get it?". What are they supposed to do on their 18th b'day, pupate and suddenly become butterflies? I don't "get" this generation at all. In my day it was 21 and I wasn't that excited...

M

ML

I'm glad you're feeling safe at the moment and hope easy child/difficult child figures out how to fix the wall. There are lots of websites out there and this is a very easy process.

KTMom91

You definitely don't need his attitude on top of everything else. Hope easy child's DF is feeling better, and that you can get some restful sleep. Many, many hugs.