I'm joining Janet

F

flutterbee

in the grumpy department.

EVERYTHING is just ticking me off. Even the animals. All of them. Even Abbey and she's the favorite.

It's not any one thing. It's everything. I want some peace and I want some quiet and I want it NOW.

I want people to do what they are supposed to do. I want the kids to listen to me, instead of my daughter who after telling her 4 times in 2 days that the dishwasher is dirty is still piling her dishes in the sink. Right now she has 2 on the floor in the hall. She put them down to let the dog finish them off and they are still there. They will be there until I tell her to pick them up even though she will have stepped over them a few times by then. She's 13 years old for crying out loud. It's not that hard.

I was in the shower when easy child got home from school. I could hear him come in - the house shakes when he closes the door. I yelled that I was in the shower. Didn't matter...he still flushed the toilet and I still got scalded. I can't count how many times he's done that to me. And it's not like he couldn't hear the water running. The bathrooms are up against each other.

It's just these little things but it's constant and it's wearing me down and I've had enough. I can't remember the last time I had a day where I felt good. And I'm sick of it. All of it.

I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to see anyone. I don't want to hear anyone. At least no one I'm related to. Don't even get me started on my mom.

F

flutterbee

And, by the way, Janet, you changed your avatar and I had know idea who was posting. It had your name but it didn't look like you. Do you have any idea how long it took me to figure it out?

Stop messing with the chick with the brain issues.

DammitJanet

LOL Heather...I know. I thought long and hard about changing my avatar but I did it JUST to see if maybe changing things up might make me feel any better! I went and found some really cute ones too...lol. This one is my Doggy Cop one...lol. I have one that says My Son can Arrest Your Son and Deputy's Mom, Dont mess with me! There was this really hysterically funny one that I wanted but I didnt think would go over well here that said "Cops wives say F the cops!" I about rolled over that one.

Maybe you would get a kick out of going to that site and reading the tee shirts. I get the giggles every time I go there. cafepress.com

There was a shirt for cory that he didnt appreciate at all. It said if stupid was illegal, you would be in jail for life. LOL.

4sumrzn

Oh no.....you sound like me....NOT good. Maybe go get some peace & quiet, get a stress test done! LOL! Just kidding....it was peaceful though.

Let's meet half way & scream at the world! I sure hope your evening calms down & you have a good holiday weekend!

witzend

I almost chastised you for using a spotted dog. That's kind of my thing, with Bubba quickly moving into the "best friend" position in my house. Then I figured, what the hey. Everyone needs a spotted dog now and then.

Join the grumpy group, Heather. Misery loves company! Just don't let your doctor give you the cranky shot on top of it all!

Steely

I am so grumpy my head is spinning.

I am with ya girl. There is not one thing in my life right now that doesn't just tick me off or make me cry. Sigh.
Many hugs.

DammitJanet

Hey witz...I will send you my spotted dog if you want...I will change to one of my others...lol. This is actually a deputy doggy if you look really closely.

Star*

call 911........call 911
ALL OF YOU KNOCK IT OFF -

I'm IN THE WORST MOOD IN THE WORLD AND

I HAVE NO CHOCOLATE!!!!!!!!!!

PMS, PMDD, LIVING WITH A MAN, HAVING A difficult child KINDA DAY, ELEPHANTITIS FEET AND LEGS, WATER TOWER SIZE WEIGHT GAIN ........AND DF TORE EVERYTHING OUT OF HIS GARAGE AND SHOP TO CLEAN IT AND NOW MY FREAKIN YARD LOOKS LIKE A YARD SALE FOR THE CLAMPETTS!

SWEAR TO PETE - if ONE PERSON KNOCKS ON MY DOOR AT 6:00 asking WHEN THE SALE IS I MAY BE IN JAIL TOMORROW AFTERNOON!

DammitJanet

Well I am up at 1 am because Tony and Keyana who both have Restless Legs are hogging my side of a king sized bed! I cant move him over because if I so much as try to push him back to his side of the bed even though he is smack dab in the middle, he starts arguing rudely and loudly that he is "on the F'ing edge and if he moves one more inch he will fall the F off!" Yeah right. Im standing here staring at you and I can see a foot and a half to the side of the bed fool. I swear, the three of us are crammed into a space the size of double bed...which wouldnt be quite so bed except for the fact that he kicks her and rolls on her which causes her to squirm and wake up and then kick me! I end up rolling up into this tiny little ball hanging on for dear life to the edge of the bed. No wonder I cant sleep!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Janet... you need to take a picture of him when he's sleeping/hogging so he'll shut up and move over next time :D Got a Polaroid in the house?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Janet

Sleeping with toddlers is the worst. I simply refuse. lol Then again, Aubrey has Mommy to crawl into bed with....and she climbs out of her crib at night to do just that. lol

As for husband, God help him these days if he bothers me when I'm attempting to sleep. I've been known to kick hard, elbow hard, or just plain push him right out of the bed. The latter is when he rolls over and actually winds up lying right on top of me! grrrrr Not at almost 400 lbs you don't buster!

Grumpy?? Guess I can join the group. It's a holiday weekend. Blah That just means they're all home and in my face and trying to get anything done is next to impossible!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Janet how could you? You were my rock!!! Boo Hoo... My Avatar Rock.

I am Mrs. Grumpy Buns also... nothing, nothing, is good enough right now... I am hoping it is just PMS!!! Could we all be starting to cycle together!?!?!? OOOHHH very scary!:surprise:

husband is begging me to take a couple of days and just get away... I have not been away, from him and the girls in??? 5 years I think. Not anywhere just me. So I might, I think he knows I might lose it... I need a break before the move.

I am joining the club... Grumpy Girls Gang!!!

F

flutterbee

I just saw a shooting star! At least I think I did...sometimes I get these flashes in my vision...and this was a red/orange color and I thought they were usually blue. But, I'm calling it a shooting star. Don't I get to make a wish? And if I do, is it too late now? What if it wasn't a falling star? Will my wish backfire on me?

:rofl:

I have to entertain myself somehow. And that's pretty much how my brain works. Kinda scary in there.

This so I don't explode over the 9 million things I'm stewing about tonight waiting for the lunesta to kick in already.

And you all just HAD to remind me that it's a holiday weekend and I'm stuck with everyone here. Except for easy child's community service tomorrow which means he'll have the car and I need to get to the store because Jewel is out of food. easy child fed her last, he should have known she was out of food and picked some up at the store when he was there getting the soda that made him late. :919Mad: I guess she'll get cat food in the morning til I can get to the store. Not that she'll mind any. Sigh.

And don't get me started on difficult child, the Princess. I really don't like this age. Princess teenager and a difficult child to boot.

Thank God I'm not married. I might just kill somebody then.

If I run away, do you think they'll find me? I was seriously considering getting a hotel room tonight to get away from everyone. I need some serious alone time. You know it's bad when I don't want to be touched - and that includes by the animals. They keep trying to get in my lap or snuggle. I'm so not in the mood.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Heather,

There comes a point when you can't .... you just can't. Fill in the blank if you need to but I expect you are on your last nerve (as Janet has been).

Be as grumpy as you'd like. Your children, both easy child & difficult child, are old enough to pitch in (I know easy child does more) & at least act as if they are a part of the family.

easy child pitches in a great deal I know ~ is there a way you can allow him a few more priviledges (like a later curfew)? Therein, the issue is solved.

Heather, as this has been going on a while, I'd tell him this is enough & from this date forward for every minute he's late he loses that much time from curfew.
Then over the next week as he proves himself to be trustworthy he can earn back the minutes he's earned.

Just a couple of things to consider (my kt doesn't have a curfew yet ~phew/whew~ so I'll be watching this closely. I know my words may bite me in the :censored2:!:halfsmile:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
:grounch_day:by the way, I'm not that grumpy.....hmmmm, could be the pain medications, though I doubt it. More likely the sun has finally come out & stayed out here. Four days straight of sunshine. husband & kt helped me clean out about my bird sanctuary (they carried out my walker). I'm setting out the bird bath later today & have a new shepard's hook on which I'm placing a new finch feeder. :bigsmile::jumphappy:

I ordered from my favorite wild bird site & rec'd enough corn cobs to feed my squirrels through the summer. (If you feed the birds, you have to feed the squirrels.)

Okay, are all of you getting enough vitamin D???
:doctor: "Please don't hate me because I'm not grumpy ~ hate me because" I'm going on & on about birds, squirrels & such. As if our difficult children aren't squirrely (nuts) enough.:rofl:

Sara PA

I'm not grumpy, I just want to be left alone. I'm tired of people bugging me and I live alone! LOL I would be grumpy if I lived with people. Is it the time of year???

I wish at work people would just let me alone so I can do my work. Don't call me, don't ask me for help, just let me alone.

I don't want to talk to even my friends on the phone (though when they do manage to get me, I chat happily with them....go figure). I don't want the doorbell or phone to ring. Sometimes I don't even want the dog to pay attention to me.

My son was home from CA for the two weeks that include Mother's Day (which was really nice). But while he was home he went through his things reorganized into what he wants me to keep, get rid of or send to him eventually. His organization is my disorganization. I just want to be left alone so I can organize my house the way I want it. (This would be much easier if I didn't live in a three story house with a basement and didn't have a bad knee which is acting up at the moment....and all my friends and relatives who could help move things didn't have bad backs.)

But compared to most of you guys, I guess my life now is a piece of cake. I guess I shouldn't complain.

ETA: That vitamin D thing.....I've been hearing a lot about that lately. In The Bad Years, my son lived at night and kept the house dark during the day. He always complained about what seemed to me to be phantom aches and pains. Now he lives in S. Cal and is in the sun a lot. No more aches and pains. In fact, after I pointed out to him that there might be a connection, he bought himself some multivitamins and makes more effort to get some sun every day.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Heather,

That was not a shooting Star - that was ME blowing up. lol

Grumpy Girls Gang - Does that make us GGG's?

Yes Janet - that avatar TOTALLY rocks.