I'm just so tired...

tiredmommy

of the fighting, the constant back talk and general level of meanness I get from Duckie. Her automatic response to me is negative for the last several weeks.

It's just exhausting to deal with her.

crazymama30

Hugs. This is not an easy time of year. I think I remember her medications or something being off, could this be rebound because of that?

Sometimes when my difficult child gets really negative that way I send him to his room for a few minutes, and then when he comes out if he is the same way back he goes. Sometimes it takes a while, but for him it usually works. I use that a lot for arguing. I swear that kid would argue that the sky was yellow.

It is exhausting. Do you have some plans for her during the summer so you will get some time to yourself?

bby31288

I go thru that all the time. Everything with difficult child is negative, any response I give. I have learned to detach and not offer an opinion. I know its hard, but its like she wants to drag me into an argument. So I say, something like, gee, I'm sorry your feeling ....(fill in the blank), or something like, you're a smart girl, you will figure it out. That way I acknowledge her but do not let her bait me.

Fran

Former desparate mom
It is exhausting isn't it?
I ask difficult child to speak to me as I speak to him. It ususally gets some level of awarenes. If particularly cranky I ask what he would do if he were the parent and I did what they did. . Reverse role playing was and is a good instructional game.
Doesn't make it any easier for you but it gives you a tool.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I just sent both girls to another room, in a nice way, for a 10 minute break. LOL

I so know the feeling.
I am sorry. I think the board is feeling a lot of this, whether it is medications, the season, heat... whatever!
A lot of us are struggling.

It is PITA'VILLE out there! LOL

HUGS

Lothlorien

Sorry. I don't have any suggestions, other than seeing if someone could give you a break for a few hours, here and there.

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. I do get breaks... often. She's been sick, yes, but I just get so tired of her taking out everything on me. She just keeps heaping it on top of me. Duckie will most likely continue swim & gymnastics over the summer so she will still have a sense of routine.

jannie

trying to survive....
I hear you loud and clear. It is unreal to listen to my own difficult child as well as many other difficult child speak to me and/or their parents. Hang in there--

What frustrates the heck out of me is that the teachers and my children's friends parents typically report such positive interactions with my kids.

why do they do this to us.

I hope Duckie is feeling better soon--and I think it's great for you to keep the swimming and gymnastic going; routine works best for my kids

graceupongrace

The end of the school year always seems to magnify everything, doesn't it?

totoro, PITAville is right! LOL! I spend time there every day, unfortunately.

recovering doormat

Lapsed CDer
I hear you about the constant nastiness. I think this is why I have been dragging my feet about moving my easy child back to my house after a long respite with her dad. Add to that the hormonal factor of an almost-teen and it's no wonder I grind my teeth in my sleep and clench my jaw.

Gentle hugs.

flutterby

Fly away!
I know. This is what I'm talking about when I talk about difficult child "hoovering" the life out of me. It makes me tired. Literally and figuratively.

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. She came home from school yesterday and gave me a big hug. She said she's a kid so she knows what it's like to hear "no" all the time. She said she understood why it makes me upset and she would try not to be so negative... though she pointed out that she's sure she couldn't be agreeable all the time. :winks: