Is stupid in the air???

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well my not so dear brother has lost his marbles... His girlfriend of 10+ years called me and let me know it is really over, this time.
He tried to strangle her again, the 3rd time. She found him overdosing on exctasy, cocaine, oxycontan, and alcohol... she locked the kids in her room and he broke down the door, he passed out again, and then tried to attack the kids, he had the 6 yo hand in his mouth?!?! and was out of it. Then he tried to strangle her.

I don't know if the cops were called it does not sound like it! He went to rehab, 21 days later he was using again, and big surprise, attacked her again!!!

Now she is "done" and he is suing her for custody, she says that here in Idaho they will not let her leave the state is he has partial custody.

I gave her a name of a good attorney.
I discussed with her that he most likely has a mood disorder... she also said that he is telling her that if he loses he will kill them all. I have had this fear for a long time now. I told her to document everything and try to record everything.
I don't want to get in the middle of this, she has issues also... but what can I do. I told her if she is scared to call us.
They live about 45 minutes from us. We have not seen them in over almost 2 years.
I just don't get how he is able to hold down a really good job, executive chief at a 5 star place in a tourist town at 2 restraunts and he started one of them. While he is using a lot!
He is like the golden boy, nothing ever touches him, my dad is the same way! Everyone else always pays the price!
I feel pretty bed for the 2 boys, 1 and 6 yo.

dreamer

I do not have any answersd for you- it does indeed sound scary and awful. But I can tell you that I know many many people who hold professional positions, or high powered jobs who use and or are quite mentally ill or even unstable.

witzend

OK, but just since you asked! :wink: YES!

I hope that you will make a phone call to CPS and/or the children's school. If she's not smart enough to do everything she can to keep her children away from his dangerous behavior, then someone else needs to.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: witzend</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I hope that you will make a phone call to CPS and/or the children's school. If she's not smart enough to do everything she can to keep her children away from his dangerous behavior, then someone else needs to. </div></div>

Ditto! You should contact CPS. You can make an anonymous call.

totoro

Witzend-
I just read your reply to Janet... and was thinking. Oh I just hate to even think those thoughts but yes after Monday, and he is so evil and my Father and him both seem like those type of people.
I will talk to his EX and let her know what I think. About CPS etc and if she is not responsive I will go from there.

ugh...why?

Lothlorien

If he strangled her, she should have called the cops. She is a fool for staying this long. Had she called the cops and it was documented that he was violent and had been using drugs, I seriously doubt they would give him custody. She needs to document everytime he calls and is threatening. If she hasn't officially documented the times that he was violent, then she's gonna have a problem.

totoro

Loth-
Fool is putting it lightly!!! I have gone back and forth with her for a few years over my brother, leave him!!! She always says but I love him.... She has felt dependant on him and didn't realize it got so bad,she has lost everyone because of him. He had power over her and held the purse strings over her head and abused her mentally so long that she believed all of his BS.