It's 2am and my head is pounding/mini rant

Abbey

Spork Queen
husband made me endure an Alice Cooper concert last night. We had backstage passes, so it was pretty cool to watch what goes on behind the scenes, but I hate the music. SOOO loud. :bloodshot:My ears are still ringing. I guess I'm getting old.

Met all kinds of cousins I never knew existed. We'd be walking around and husband would say, "Hey Jody! Haven't seen you in 20 years." "Hey Walker! Haven't seen you forever!" "Hey Sam! Where you been all these years?"

It got kind of creepy. It's like everyone is inter-related. Hmmm...

Then, in the middle of it all, I get a call from easy child/difficult child 2's biomom who hasn't returned a call to me for nearly a year. Evidently easy child boy calls on a friend's cell and whines to her that I cut off his cell. Yeah I did and here's why. I tell her the story. Do you know he did 4500 text messages in the last month? He didn't start college on Monday? His excuse is he has to work for the flipping car that YOU cosigned for. That's a great trade off. She wants to know if she can pay the $40/month to have it reinstated. NO. He can pay it or get his own plan.

In the 14 years I've raised this boy she has never paid one cent to his upbringing. I've never asked, just always assumed he was my son and gladly took on the responsibility. Now she wants to pay his flipping cell????? Nada. He's making adult choices...now he can deal with the consequences of those choices.

Can you tell I'm a bit ticked off?;)

Abbey

N

Nomad

I can tell you our son messed up in a major way re: his cell and we took it away. He got a pt job and paid for his own phone and has been doing so ever since. As far as I know, we are the ONLY family around my neck of the woods who has an adult child in college who has done this successfully. I can also tell you that (knock on wood, crossing myself and thank G-d daily) it paid off very well for us, because it was the beginning of him assuming adult responsibility. Seems having a cell phone is a life line...a super powerful motivator.
Take time for yourself...seems like you have some extra stressors at the moment. However, personally...I think your thinking is sound with- reference to this stuff (and a heck of a lot more!!!!) Best wishes.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Abbey, you need a redneck smiley to add to your posts...all those cousins...you and husband aren't, are ya?

Good for you sticking to your guns with the cell phone. Hope bio backs off.

DDD

It's not exactly the same thing but GFGmom is close to biomom's thinking.
Over the years I think you've read enough of my rants to know that she has only paid for insurance for easy child/difficult child in 21 years. Not one pair of boxers
and not one refund of deductibles etc. etc. etc. She does cough up for cell minutes and a bottle of booze for him (yes, he's an alcoholic with brain damage!) every now and then so they are Buds!

Does your easy child/difficult child still go with the neurotic girl who went away to college?

I think he has all the tools to make it on his own and just has to do it the hard way. It may be rough for a few years but he will be successful. Just be prepared that when he is successful his biomom will take all the credit and be sure to bond. It's enough to drive one crazy! Hugs DDD

Abbey

Spork Queen
Naw, he's with a new love. The whole deal boils down to that she lives 40 minutes away from the campus area. He can't fathom being away from her. It really bothers me that he is so addictive to relationships. But, I will watch from afar. Very far away.

Abbey