Jess as a difficult child

susiestar

Roll With It
I think I need to change my Jess to difficult child status. Not because her behavior has become horrible, just that she is entering a period where we are seeing some real issues.

We had our first session with a doctor who treats PTSD. The doctor was great, we really like her so far. She was learning to do EMDR when the OKC bombing happened. Most docs here learned AFTER that.

The doctor says we can expect Jess to have some very drastic behavior changes, even to have her behavior look bipolar, as she goes through the process of dealing with the PTSD.

I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE that she has all this to deal with. Most of the things she must process are abuse from gfgB. At least we have a therapist who seems to know what to do.

Before we get into EMDR the doctor will teach her self hypnosis. This is so she can deal with the really bad stuff and have tools to help her process it in a healthy way, rather than getting stuck.

Jess has a lot of work to do, and it will be really hard at times. I hate this. But better she does it now than when she is older. We can protect her somewhat now.

Pray/rattle beads for us.

Susie

Wiped Out

Staff member
Susie,
I'm rattling beads, twisting body parts, and saying prayers. I am glad she is getting the help she needs. Many gentle hugs to you.

trinityroyal

Susie,

I'm glad that Jess's psychiatrist is so good, and can give her the help she needs.
As you say, better that she's dealing with this now while you and husband can protect her somewhat, than later on.

Rattling beads, crossing everything crossable and saying prayers for Jess and your family as you go through this difficult time.

Trinity

Jena

susie,

i'm sending you hugs and support. yes it must be horrifying to know what she has to go through yet at the same time you are being such an incredibly supportive mom to her. i'm so glad you like the doctor so far and that they are able to teach her the tools she needs to get through the truly rough moments.

my thoughts and yes prayers are with you

jen