JJJ - What Happened

susiestar

Roll With It
with the idiot assignment from Eeyore's teacher?

Did the fool teacher have a problem wth your version? Apologize for giving the assignment? I am SURE Eeyore was not the only one who had problems with it, so I hope it was canceled or changed.

Several of us have been watching the other thread to see how it went, and I figured you had forgotten. Thanks for letting us know!

JJJ

Eeyore begged me not to talk to the teacher cause he was afraid that she would say something in front of the class. Since this a semester class, I plan on meeting with her right after Eeyore's final grade is posted. Since I couldn't change the assignment for this class, Eeyore and I had fun with making stuff up (he wrote it in the 3rd person and we had the baby born in the middle of a pro sports game; he wrote a tag line about how the game was so exciting the baby couldn't wait to see it). I'm frustrated at waiting to confront her but Eeyore was getting so worked up at the idea of me confronting her, that I had to wait for his sake. (Eeyore is positive that I scare all of the teachers...lol)

So, I will post a final update in January.

InsaneCdn

Of course, if the others are are all telling the "real" story, there may be other fall-out from this approach... kids around here would be taking this to be that Eeyore was actually born at a soprts game... and then...????

Hmmm.... these kinds of things are always a total mess no matter which approach is taken.
I know exactly what E. means - some teachers end up dragging the kid through the mud in front of the other kids (intentionally usually, sometimes through even more extreme ignorance) in trying to find a way to deal with the original issue.

YUCK.

Assignment is due next week, right?
SO.. we'll see if things blow up or not. HOPE not... cross fingers and toes and stuff...

InsaneCdn

By the way - there are SOME families that have the kind of a story that really could be shared with a class... actually, either of my kids could easily have told their stories, but K2's story is one of those "totally unusual but happy ending" stories. So its not hard for me to see where some people are not going to have a problem with it.

I would not like it as an assignment in class that everyone has to do - because I have an adopted bro and know how all that goes. But content wise... not an issue sharing.

(can't tell the story here, too much identifying info)

susiestar

Roll With It
I am impressed and proud that you can wait to confront this teacher for Eeyore's sake.

Wonder what other upsetting assignments she will dream up?

L

Liahona

With some teachers I think its ok to scare them. Others you work with patiently. And others you're just amazed at and want them to follow you're child for every class.

JJJ

Eeyore got a 100% on that assignment. He also put his name on the back instead of the front so that if his is chosen as one to get posted, no one will know it is his.

It is killing me to let this go but since Eeyore is the one that has to go to school there, I have to allow him this control.

buddy

I love your solution. Never thought of that. you gave him control over something that was never in his control before. how cool. I would be the same...really anxious to have a huge talk about it at some point. You are a very cool mom.

slsh

member since 1999
JJJ - you are such a *great* mom. I think the solution, while frustrating at having to wait to address the issue, is a totally reasonable one and I think it's kinda awesome that A) Eeyore thinks you scare all his teachers (ROFL, I love it) and B) that you were able to accommodate his wishes. Very cool!!!

klmno

I agree- it reminds me of difficult child telling me at the last visitation that "Department of Juvenile Justice staff find me worrisome; please don't call people and stir up koi". Yeah- they should!

mstang67chic

Going Green
Sounds like a good thing all the way around! I would love, love LOVE to be a fly on the wall though when you and the teacher have that chat.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I love the way you handled this with Eeyore. And yes, talk to the teacher... If she gave him 100%, then she actually is just slightly clueless. She's in for a rude shock when she finds out otherwise.

And I scare some of Jett's teachers...