kitten update

dreamer

well the 3 little kittens lost their mittens.wait NO, LOL they do not have any mittens.

The tiniest one, the one who was sick is doing much much better. a week on kitten formula seems to be working just fine.

All 3 are growing so fast! They are getting brave, daring.and our dog is settling down.

I have been quite pleasantly surprised. Oldest difficult child has been more mothering than I ever could have imagined. It has been mostly her doing the every 2 hour feedings of the sick kitty.....and the litterbox, and everything. My son has been a close 2nd. It is my easy child who surprised me most in a non positive way......she does not seem maternal at all, as it turns out..at least not for her kitty, which is the sick kitty. BUT that could be cuz she has school and work?

We sure have been having a LOT of fun watching the kitties scamper around exploring the world and getting exercise etc. How high they can jump at their age blows my mind! ANd it is so fun to watch them play even when what they are playing with has to be a figment of their lil imaginations.
They sure are bringing us much joy. :)

Sue C

I'm so glad your kittens are bringing you so much joy. Kittens are always FUN to watch! Our cat is 13 now and has been blind for many years. He doesn't play much and when he does, he can't find the little ball he bats.

Meow,
Sue

dreamer

aw.....thats hard, I know. Of my last 3 kitties, they were 20 19 and um.I think around 16 when they passed. The 19 yr old one also went blind first. They sure brought me a lot of pleasure, I do remember when THEY were kittens, too. I did not yet have children, so they were my children. :)
Gosh, no wonder I am enjoying it so much, it really has been a LONG time since I had a kitten, LOL.
They sure are energetic! LOL.
My dog is only 4.5. Previous dog passed right after I got this dog....that dog was like 15 yrs old.
LOL I cannot believe how tiny the kittens are.

dreamer

My son always cracks up cuz our new dog is blind in the same eye my son is blind in, and he calls the dog his brother, cuz when we got this dog, he seemed to think my son was a littermate of his-----and we are not positive but it was thought when the kittens were born that the one that is my sons kitten is also blind or partially blind, LOL. And dog has a broken tail and son wore leg braces. Kinda funny...The kitten will play, but we are not sure if he is playing with things he sees or just senses.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
dreamer

I'm glad the sick lil kitty is doing well. :grin: And it's great all of you are enjoying them so much. easy child's hesitation might be time related (school and work) or it might be she's afraid to get too attached in case the baby kitty doesn't make it.

N was that way with the teeny kitten our dog found behind the fence. She wanted to save the kitten terribly, but left the nursing part up to me because she was afraid it wouldn't make it. In the end it was a wise decision. The lil guy was doing great, then out of the blue for no apparent reason he got sick and died. :frown:

Janna

Thats nice, Dreamer. I'm glad they're making you happy.

We have four cats here, all only 6 months old (all from the same litter) and I like them better than the dog or the kids LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Janna

dreamer

ROFL Janna. Yeah the kitties cannot talk back.LOL.....and my dog is ....getting sorta dul..LOL. altho my dog makes a great foot warmer, bed warmer, lap warmer. He just is not as entertaining as he used to be, LOL.

Daisylover- you might have a point...about the sick kitty part......and you definetly have a point about the time factor. SHe is pretty short on time. LOL- it gives me more time to hog a kitty. LOL

dreamer

Oh my goodness, these kitties LOVE to be IN the bathtub with whoever is taking a bath!

Oldest difficult children kitten has jumped in with oldest difficult child twice this week, and LIKES it there! and my sons kitty jumped in with him yesterday....an today jumped in the empty tub and was crying.
Sick kitty also tried to jump in.
What in the world? LOL

rejectedmom

How old are this kittens? I thought they were very very young.
reason I'm asking is cause very young kittens cannot eliminate on their own and need help via masage. I was wondering if that is why your one kitten is ill. -RM

dreamer

the 2 other kittens do eliminate on their own now.they were 6 week, now 7.5 weeks. The one tho, yes did need help and massage. ANd was having a hard time adjusting to going from nursing to cat food. So we went to the kitten baby formula and have now been slowly adding small amounts of kittne food more gradually. She is doing great, now. :)