Last week, I ignored my gut and sent difficult child to school...

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
so please help me family...he's off, he's been off, he had a rough weekend, and he's arguing at the slightest hint of school/work day. The piece of your subconscioucs is saying "keep him home, he needs a quiet day", my heart is torn, and logic are saying "he needs to go to school/I need to go to work".

I'm going to keep him here, at least for a while. Please remind me that my subconscious gut feelings have not let me down lately...

JJJ

Stick with your gut. The one time I ignored my gut, very bad things happened. Mommy gut's are 100% accurate!!

tammyjh

Trust your instincts. Everyone needs a day off once in a while and I think its fine unless he's staying home all the time. We do this with my 6 yr old easy child. He hates school so we gave him a day off a few weeks back.

Jena

hi

i'd say trust your gut also. i didn't one day and wound up having to run out of work to go get her from school anyway due to many things. so yup trust your gut i know it can be so hard when your stressed i run into that alot. but trust you.

good luck

Jen

slsh

member since 1999
Yep, definitely go with your gut. Mommy instincts win out over pretty much everything else.

Hope a quiet day will help him pull it together. You're a great mom and doing just fine.

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Another vote for the gut! We all need a day off sometimes - what will you be dealing with if you're sending difficult child to school when he's already semi-dysfuntional. Give both of you a break and always trust your instincts

'Chelle

Here's another saying yep your gut is who you should listen to. The times I've let my head overrule and sent him to school, because he "has" to go, it always ended up being a horrible day. Even now when he's 14, there are one or two days a year when he says "I don't want to go to school" and I just know that yep this is a day to let him stay home. Maybe my mommy hearing tuned to those inaudible undertones or something, but the gut says don't make him, and I let him have a "sick" day.

trinityroyal

And another vote saying trust your gut. Mommy instinct is there for a reason. The times I have gone against gut feelings have led to the worst grief in my life.

Hang in there,
Trinity