Lawn mower won't start?

witzend

He was intoxicated? You don't say! You'd never know from the picture! :rofl:

Do you suppose it might have been out of gas?

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Is it me or does 6 yrs in prison seem just a tad stupid in this situation?? Especially when murder gets you about 5 yrs..... Ok. Not going to get on that soapbox. :tongue:

Can't say it was too bright, but there have been moments when I've felt the same way.

And why did I know he was gonna look like that??? :rofl:

DammitJanet

Well....I tend to agree with the man! Its his house, his mower, and just why the heck cant he shoot the blasted thing? LOL. I can tell you I have been sorely tempted to shoot a few things when they dont perform like they should...lol. Men included...oops...did I say that? LMAO.

He needs to move where I live...no one would have noticed.

... felony possession of a short-barreled shotgun or rifle and misdemeanor disorderly conduct while armed.
I think Daisy is right. Why is simply possessing a shotgun (admittedly, a sawed-off shotgun) a felony but brandishing it while drunk only a misdemeanor? It seems like the latter poses a greater danger to society.

Back home in OK shooting your own lawn mower in your own yard would never be considered a crime. Stupid, yeah, but not criminal.

Reminds me of a joke:
Famous last words -- "Here, hold my beer and watch this."

witzend

I think he was already a convicted felon. So, having a sawed off shotgun and using it in the front yard probably showed a bit of poor judgment on his part.

susiestar

Roll With It
I was just about to say, he sure isn't in Oklahoma - here it is a crime NOT to shoot it! LOL!!!

I think the misdemeanor disorderly while armed should be the felony, but no one ever asks someone with LOGIC about these laws - they just ask guys.

I am not sure I see why it was illegal - it was his home, his yard, his lawnmower and his gun. It makes the repair more expensive, but illegal??

Bear in mind though - I have lived in Oklahoma for a LOOOOOONG time. And though I don't have a gun on premises (mine are locked in my dad's gun cabinet because it is very thick steel and can't be gotten into easily - and I have kids in my house) I have LOTS of neighbors who do.

People do all kinds of strange things. Even with-o the drunk factor!

donna723

Hey, at least he was trying to mow his lawn ... you gotta give him credit for that!

He looks like one of my ex's old degenerate drinking buddies! Nice picture, dude! And what do you bet that he will end up in the "Mug Shots" section of "The Smoking Gun" within a week!

Then again I did once read of a guy who was arrested driving a riding mower down the street. His license was suspended and he wanted to go to the bar.

donna723

HWGA - The MAYOR of our tiny little town used to ride his lawn mower down to the convenience store amost every day. He lived about a quarter mile away and you'd see him going down the side of the road on his John Deere riding mower! He said it got better gas mileage than his car did!

donna723

mstang, he didn't walk because he's OLD! And because it was more fun riding his lawn mower! And because this is the deep South and nobody thought it was weird at all!

Abbey

Spork Queen
You guys are cracking me up!! I would KILL to ride my lawn mower to work, the bar, check my mail...anywhere!! Especially if it's a John Deere! Right now I'm about a 20 minute car ride to work, so it might be a VERRRRRRY long ride on a mower.

Now Keith...well, Keith has seen better days (hopefully). Someone needs to fork up the $5 for a barber.

So here's the deal. We take away the illegal weapons and give him a huge arse hammer that he can beat it to death. Maybe even an axe. They can't arrest him for that, can they?

Stupid Keith. Why didn't he come here for help?

Abbey

OK, I just saw a commercial --

A man piles luggage in a parking garage, soaks it in gasoline, and tosses a lit Zippo on top. A woman gives a car a push down an embankment into a lake. A woman fires up a chain saw and takes it to a computer.

I immediately thought of Keith.