Littermaid question

susiestar

Roll With It
Does anyone have a littermaid electric litter box? :confused: husband got one for his birthday. It is pretty cool, or would be if it worked well.

It never seems to scoop on its own. There is a button you can push to make it rake the litter, but it doesn't seem to do it by itself. IT is supposed to wait 10 or 20 mins after the cat leaves to rake. So far it never has.

husband still likes it. He just pushes the button. I just would like it to work properly.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Clean it well and take it back to the store, exchange for a new one. They don't always work. Back about a decade ago when I worked for Target, one was returned with the note "tried to eat cat". I tested it (it was clean), worked fine. Tested again and as soon as it sensed the pressure it began raking.

Electronics has a mind of their own.

susiestar

Roll With It
Store is out of business. Guess I will contact thecompany. If I leave it up to husband it will NEVER get fixed. He wasted over $500 last year just in getting electronics that didn't work and not ever returning them or contacting the company or even telling ME about it so I could do something.

So I better get on top of this before it is another big waste of money and space.

Lothlorien

I had one, when I had a cat. It freaked the cat out, even though it wouldn't got until she got out of it. She would go and then take off like a nut out of the thing, getting litter everywhere. I ended up taking it back. It didn't seem worth the trouble or the money.