Logging In

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have had to log in each time I come to the site yesterday and today.

Usually once I click 'remember me' and then I'm set for quite a long while...why won't I stay logged in?? Anyone know? Anyone else??

Lothlorien

I'll let Cheryl know. I'm not sure. That has happened to me in the past. Clear the cache/cookies and start over....that's usually the first step.

F

flutterbee

Also, if your browser is set to get rid of cookies every time you close it this will happen, too.

LittleDudesMom

jog,

on my home computer, i am always signed in. at work, where I have more safeguards, i have to sign in at every visit. depends on your security settings and cookie settings what about when you go to another website that you frequent where you have to sign in?

Sharon

R

runawaybunny

When you check the remember me box before logging in a piece of information called a cookie is sent to your browser by our Web Server. The browser then returns that information to the Web server the next time you return to this site so that you don't have to log in again.

If you cannot stay logged in the most common issues are that browser cookies are being erased by your browser security settings, there may be an error in your browser's index.dat and/or the cookie stored in your browser's cache by our server has become corrupted.

Clearing your browser's cache and cookies often solves this kind of issue:

http://www.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=497&topic=8995