Long time...

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
no see!

Hi everyone! I hope some of you remember Aly and I. Been thinking of y'all and thought I'd pop in to see how everyone is and give an update on Aly and our family.

Aly is now 11 yo, in middle school in 6th grade and is 5'8" and gorgeous! She still struggles with her rollercoaster of emotions and has a hard time in school, but she has blossomed into such a lovely young lady. She has been diagnosis'd mildly MR, which was heartbreaking to hear, but it also opened up a whole new area of supports which will help her as she gets older. She and I continue to have our little power struggles, but I am practicing patience like never before and it really is helping.

husband and I are back together under the same roof, after 9 months of living separately. Things are better, not great, but ok, for now. We really need to get into counseling, hoping to get that going soon.

J, now 5 yo, is doing really well. She is very happy to have us all living together again. She is so funny, quite the silly little girl, so much fun. Aly and J get along pretty well most of the time.

On a sad note, easy child 2 and his fiance lost their baby to a still birth. It was a very hard time for all. They are so strong though and have a great faith in their higher power, so that is carrying them through.

Well, just wanted to say Hi and offer up a little update. I pray everyone is hanging in there. I will try to check in more often.

Hugs, Vickie

Estherfromjerusalem

Hello Vickie,

It's good to hear from you, and from your update it sounds as if you are doing really well, which is heartwarming to read.

Stay in touch,

Love, Esther

LittleDudesMom

Vickie,

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!! I have been think about you the past week or so and almost posted a "Anyone heard from Vickie" post over on the wc the other day! I've been wondering how you and Aly were getting along.

Sounds like things are stablizing a little in your life. I hope you are happy. I can't believe J is five now!!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear about the loss of easy child's baby. Thoughts and prayers to them.

Good to hear from you Vickie. Please don't stay away that long again!

Sharon

tiredmommy

I'm so glad your are back! I, too, was just thinking about you. {{{Hugs}}} about your grandchild, that is heartbreaking.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Vickie,
This is too weird. I was just driving home from church and wondering about you and how you were doing. You sound more at peace. I'm sorry to hear about your grandchild. Hugs.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Vickie,

Long time .... no see. Sounds like things are moving in a positive direction in your home. Sorry to hear about your grandbaby.

Stick around, kay?

DazedandConfused

Wow! Baby J is five!

Sounds like things have settled a bit in your world and Aly is (literally) growing up.

Great to hear from you. I'm so sorry to learn about your grandbaby.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I'd wondered how things worked out for all of you. It sounds you are you are trying to make things work with husband, or vice versa.
He needed to make it work.
Aly wow, young lady! Glad getting the right kind of help. Nice to hear your family is doing well.
Sorry to read about easy child 2's loss and yours as well.

everywoman

It's good to hear from you again. Glad things are moving in a positive direction. Ally is 12???? and in middle school. J is now 5??? Where does time go? Hoping for the best for you and yours as you move forward.

Stella Johnson

Good to see you! Thanks for the update. I've been wondering about you guys. I think I sent an email to you about a month ago but didn't hear back.
I'm happy for you and husband. You will make it, it's not always easy but it can be done. You guys have been married for so long already. Don't throw in the towel.

Aly and Sabrina are about the same height again. Sabrina is 5'7" and still growing like a weed.

You should hang out more. We miss you guys.

steph

trinityroyal

Vickie,
I too have been wondering how you've been keeping. It's good to hear from you, and it does sound like things are better and more peaceful.

So sorry to hear about your grandbaby.

Trinity

Janna

Hey Vickie!!

Thanks for updating! I'm so sorry about your loss. Can't believe how big everyone's getting LOL!

TerryJ2

Hi Vickie,
thank you for checking back.
Wow, a lot of things have happened. I hope you and your husband do get some counseling; it's great that you're together but you don't want to fall back into old habits.
So sorry about the baby.
Wow, Aly is so tall for her age! So sorry about the diagnosis but as you said, it opens more supports.
Your littlest sounds like a charmer.
I hope you can post more often. :)

JJJ

Hey Vickie! Great to see you! The baby is 5???5???? Wow! Glad to hear things are going better for you. So sorry about your grandbaby.

lovemysons

Of Course we remember you and Aly.
thank you so much for the update...glad your Aly is growing up to be such a wonderful young lady and sounds like little J keeps yall laughing and in good spirits.
Glad to hear you and husband reunited...it can sure be tough staying on the same page with so many challenges.
Sorry to hear about easy child and wife losing their baby but glad they have strong faith to get them through such a difficult time.

Thank you for popping in...it's always nice to see "old timers" and get updated on how things are.

Hugs and love,
Tammy