Many thanks for the experience and wisdom

horserider

I was reflecting this evening how much I have learned from all of you. How a difficult day turned out not as bad as I anticipated. A direct result of some important survival techniques I've learned here:

Take care of yourself.....today I had my nails done and my hair cut. I'm not even going out for New Years, I just did it for me :D
:nails:

My difficult child is spending his 17th birthday today in the jjc (6 month treatment program). He worked hard to be on a home pass for Christmas.
Reflecting last night about where he is at, turning 17, brought on a lot of saddness. But today, after work I just decided to treat myself because I am a mom of a difficult child and today I needed it.

Detach...I am amazed at the progress I have made in the last three months because of this survival technique I learned here. Geez, better then the 10 years of thearpy. I do not stress out as much on issues and things I cannot control. I only took my Xanex 2 days this last month, one was a court date.

So a warm and loving thank you to all of you that have contributed your kind words of wisdom.
Happy New Year!

Fran

Former desparate mom
Happy New Year and you look gorgeous. Smart woman who takes care of herself regardless of difficult child's in our lives.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I hope you got your nails painted a HOT SEXY RED color and flash them everywhere you go! YOU GO YOU LITTLE HOT SEXY MOMMA!!!! YOU DESERVE THAT AND A PEDICURE TOO!

NICE to hear you are taking time to take care of the most important person!

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
I would also like to add my thanks for the board...... one of the few places where I can talk about my difficult child son and not feel those words......"Well, if it was MY kid, I would have disciplined him....... yada yada......."

Thanks for listening and offering a shouldar when needed...... you ladies and gentlemen ROCK!!!

Last edited: