Math Folder vs. Big Picture/Lesson. Ugh.

Methuselah

This morning difficult child 1 asked again for a folder for her math class. A simple folder. She walked out the door without one, because I asked her why I should go out of my way to do something kind for her, something she wants, when she goes out of her way to treat our family like koi. I asked her why I should give her a simple folder when she didn't thank anyone for any of the gifts they gave her, using their own money (she tossed them to the side), but, most importantly, why I should go out of my way to get her a folder for math when she went out of her way a week or so ago to tell people I "jammed my finger in her privates" when I did nothing of the sort! I asked why should I go out of my way get her a folder when she went out of her way to harm my character in such a horrible, horrible way and doesn't feel badly at all. Not at all. She didn't blink. I told her to have the teacher call me, and I will let her know why. difficult child 1 turned around and walked away. Silently.

Im so tired of all of this koi. I really, really am.

I'm mad that I am legally obligated to put myself in harms way day after day or I will be the one in trouble.

So tired of it all.

B

Bunny

I have had moments like that and I have had moments where I have said these things to my difficult child, although my difficult child has never accused me of doing anything like she has said you did to her. There are days when the frustration, the anger, the sadness just gets the best of you. ((((hugs)))). I know how you feel.

Methuselah

Thanks, Bunny. I'm so tired of all of it. difficult child 1 has such a dark, hateful side to her. difficult child 2 has antisocial problems, too, but her heart isn't dark like difficult child 1. I'm so tired of policing, being on my guard, being conned and manipulated, etc. And it will never end.

buddy

Many Hugs to you. You have a really tough situation. i have said things similar to that too... right after his being disrespectful, then asking for something... heck no.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
(((Hugs)))

I know just where you are...

And if your difficult child 1 is anything like mine, she'll just get a folder from somewhere else and tell everyone how neglectful you are for not providing school supplies.

I'm so sorry.

(((hugs)))

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

I don't have any wisdom except been there done that... And, yeah, my kid's like DF's, too.

Sigh...

Methuselah

Daisy and Step. I know you both understand. I feel the same way when you post something. :)

I'm happy I found this board, because before no one understood. Everyone saw two pretty, über polite, sweet girls and a tense, cranky mom. Told me it was normal kid/teen behavior. Uh, no.

InsaneCdn

Told me it was normal kid/teen behavior. Uh, no.
Methusela...
We got that ALL the time.
And then... (we're fortunate) things started turning around, and difficult child is now closer to typical teen and...
Now that I really know what typical teen behavior is?
The other stuff definitely isn't typical teen.

Yah. I hear you too.