Mbunny - 9 days!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Bunny PLEASE ANSWER the question -

Do not rock the peri-menopausal bear. :tongue: (too funny Witz) from don't poke the BEAR to this? Good one

meowbunny

I don't paint. Walls offwhite are just fine by me. Now, if you'd like to come down and paint the house for me, be my guest (just no greens, please).

I will, however, turn it into my "dressing room." A nice, quiet room where dogs, cats and kids are not allowed. A place to lounge and read and do crafty things. I've always wanted my own personal sanctum and I love the idea of turning this room into that. Before, spare bedrooms became the extra storage/junk room. Not this time. It won't become all girly cause that's not me, but it will be comfie.

Part of me is so relieved that she's leaving. Another part gets all teary. Today, the teary side is winning. I really am going to miss her. She's come so very far from where she was 5 years ago. If only she'd take some responsibility but I think the only way she's going to learn that is by facing the realities of adulthood without mom propping her up.

witzend

White's a good color for any room. I hope you are planning to get that bedroom set out of there? Set up some shelves and a stool, maybe a closet organizer?

I tell you, there is no freedom like being able to honestly say "I'm sorry dear, we don't have a bed for you."

She'll take the responsibility now. She has no choice. She's far too pampered to get on without all of the luxuries that she wants. She'll figure it out.

meowbunny

Can't remove the furniture -- it's not mine. It seems 99.9% of the rentals here come furnished. It took some major doing to get them to get rid of the sofas (two floral) in the living room, but I refused to even enter the house with them there.

Strangely, I don't mind the idea of her coming back if her roomie flakes out on her and she can't find another. Any other reason and it would be so sorry. My gut feeling is that if she's been on her own for a bit she might see mom wasn't so unreasonable after all and be a little more willing to abide by house rules. Even if I'm wrong, she's my daughter and I'd have to give her another chance or I wouldn't be me.