(((Memory Book of Joybells)))

Nanasearching

I talked with CW today. He finally slept "like a log" last night after weeks of not sleeping at all. He sounded better. The services for Joy will be on Tuesday.

After hearing of all the wishes and prayers for him, he sounded surprised. It was a great comfort to him as I read your names, wishes and prayers.

Knowing that their printer does not work, I told him that I would print off and mail the prayers and wishes for Joy as well as for him. His brave voice broke and he said, “I will cherish that forever."

I do not, nor would I print off his home address and phone number, (but will PM or email to those who want it.) But then after I got off the phone, I thought it would be even nicer to create a Memory Book for him. I will include your prayers and wishes that you have already posted. If you do not want this printed for him, please let me know.

If you want to include anything else of your memories of this very sweet and kind forum member, please post and I will include that as well for him in the memory book.

Thanks,

Pat

DammitJanet

Nana...I have a picture of a cheerleading hamster on the back of a bulldog from back when we were all doing our parade for Joy. Can I email it to you privately for you to include? Or do you not want something like that? Maybe you could include a note to explain what it is and why it was made.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Pat, I have so many memories of Joy... iming with her late at night years ago when CW was in the hospital and she missed him so...

...and who can forget her always enthusiastic posts with lots of !!!!! and hugs and kisses sprinkled for effect throughout...

...not to mention her giggle. You could hear her giggling in her posts and those who met her in person always commented on her giggle.

But what really defines Joybells to me is how much she loved CW. What a blessing he was in her life and she never ever forgot it.

We should all be so lucky.

CW, I'm sending many gentle hugs.

Suz

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'>I have taken this recipe from the archives and copied it here. Read through it and you can see what a "wickedly" funny woman joybells was.....still making me chuckle with her great recipes and her gentle sense of humor.....Bet she is somewhere making a Kitty Kake.....

We miss you joybells......</span>

Gals look at this recipe, LOL.

KITTY KAKE

CAKE INGREDIENTS

1 box spice or German chocolate cake mix
1 box of white cake mix
1 package white sandwich cookies
1 large package vanilla instant pudding mix
A few drops green food coloring
12 small Tootsie Rolls or equivalent

SERVING "DISHES AND UTENSILS"

1 NEW cat-litter box
1 NEW cat-litter box liner
1 NEW pooper scooper

Prepare and bake cake mixes, according to directions, in any size pan.
Prepare pudding and chill.
Crumble cookies in small batches in blender or food processor. Add a
few
drops of green food coloring to 1 cup of cookie crumbs. Mix with a
fork
or shake in a jar. Set aside.

When cakes are at room temperature, crumble them into a large bowl.
Toss
with half of the remaining cookie crumbs and enough pudding to make
the
mixture moist but not soggy. Place liner in litter box and pour in
mixture.

Unwrap 3 Tootsie Rolls and heat in a microwave until soft and pliable.
Shape the blunt ends into slightly curved points. Repeat with three
more
rolls. Bury the rolls decoratively in the cake mixture. Sprinkle
remaining white cookie crumbs over the mixture, then scatter green
crumbs lightly over top.

Heat 5 more Tootsie Rolls until almost melted. Scrape them on top of
the
cake and sprinkle with crumbs from the litter box. Heat the remaining
Tootsie Roll until pliable and hang it over the edge of the box.

Place box on a sheet of newspaper and serve with scooper. Enjoy!

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}}
Joy xoxoxoxo

Daughter-32, mother of Quinton 5 years old In Jan. // Grandson Brayden, born June 2003 now 3.
2nd.difficult child -Son. is 23 & Father of Baby boy Nov/2004Baby adopted

C.W. my VERY BEST Friend and husband of 42 years, Finally had his surgery on leg, has a stump now, C.W. has also had a Quadripple By-Pass.
Me-Joy- Diabetic in wheelchair, Very Bad Kidney Problems, Heart Problems
Overian Cancer (In remission)

New puppy - Suzy- Chihuahua & Poodle Breed- Jan 23.04 &lt;img src=":laugh:" alt="" /&gt; Trying to Live one day at a time, some days are so hard.

Nanasearching

Janet, The cheerleading parade, that's exactly what I wanted; we need to celebrate her life as well as moarn her departure from this world.

Suz, What a nice post! I am sure CW will love it!

WhymeMon, good one of her cute receipes! Thanks!

What ever impressed you about Joy, what ever you remember about her is what I am seeking!

For me, like so many, it was the sleepless nights when I was worried about difficult child, we would IM for hours, then end up laughing......one time especilly I remember when there was emotions, that you could send. It was about the time before she got Susie, her beloved puppy. There was one emotion you could send that would bark! That would make her and CW both laugh, we would send it, when ever one of us was getting sad.

A few people mentioned Pico and Joy. Just mentioning Pico made me feel better! What great gals they were! I am sure they are cracking jokes and singing together. Pico maybe singing "Tall people" She sang that is jest of her short stature!

What love they both had for everyone.

Nancy

I'm going to go through some old posts I have saved to see if I have anything from Joybells.

One of my fondest memories is on Christmas Day one year I made a post and said "Joybells ring are you listening?" It made her laugh and I told her I waited all year to be able to say that to her.

Joy gave the greatest hugs and I always felt she cared about me as a person more than just a cyber friend. She never complained, even in the face of adversity or great pain.

And yes her great love and devotion to CW was something I'm sure we all admired.

Nancy

busywend

I was not around for alot of the good ole days with Joybells, but I mostly recall her being worried about CW and his leg. He was away for quite some time and I recall thinking just how great it was that Joybells could come here and have some company while her CW was away.

I remember her recipes and her caring nature. She was always ready to give an encouraging word. And a hug.

She will be missed!

Sunlight

I always got a laugh out of her and CW. what a pair! although they had their hard times, they always had love to share.
I used to laugh when Joy would say she was totally worn out and then would post a bunch of recipes anyways.

she and I communicated a lot over the years since I met her.

I also remember when she would tease with another board member about how they were going to take their wheelchairs across the street and sneak out for donuts at midnight.

what a great lady! CW, may God bless and comfort you with her prescence til you catch up to her again.

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Joy and I had more than one late nite chat on the phone - such a sweetheart, and she had the most incredible giggle - you couldn't help but giggle yourself when she started.

I will miss her and reading her posts. I will light a candle for her on Tuesday - she loved scented candles

Marcie

Stella Johnson

I need to charge up my old laptop. I have pics of Herkimer from her parade on it.

She was such a sweet lady. She will truly be missed.

Steph

AllStressedOut

I didn't know Joybells, but I've read your posts about her and CW and my heart breaks for him. I think the memory book is a wonderful idea. Maybe you can include some posts from Joybells to bring back memories for CW later on. They sound like a wonderful couple.

Martie

Joy was the first person to respond to me when I posted in 1999. She told me MrNo was not a REAL difficult child :smile: it's about the only thing she got wrong over the years. After a few days of my posts, she decided he was an UNUSUAL difficult child--right on Joy.

I loved her recipes--I must confess I didn't make many of them, but I loved to read them--each sounded so yummy.

We will all miss you dear Joy---you gave us all great {{hugs}}

Martie

Ephchap

I was proud to be one of Joy's cheerleaders!

Joy was just what her name says ... a joy. She was a sweet, supportive, loving member who was always there for everyone. When I first joined and my difficult child would take off and I would post in the middle of the night, sometimes there would be a response ... from a sweet woman named Joy, and it made me cry happy tears to know that someone was listening and that someone actually cared.

The love that Joy and C.W. shared was truly special. Their love came shining through in their words whenever they would post about each other.

Joybells, whenver I hear bells, I will think of you. Rest in peace.

C.W., know that you and your dear Joy have been an integral part of this board for many years, and you are being sent hugs and prayers from all over the cyberworld as you get through this difficult time.

Deb

DDD

I just found the notes from the Joy Parade and thought I would take time to post them...it is a VERY long post but we all cared
VERY much about cheering Joy up. My computer does not have the
date but I think it was around four years ago. Maybe some of you
all know. Anyway...here's a long Memory Book offering: :smile:

Cheerleading Squad: Goldenguru, scent of cedar, katmom, Sunnyflorida, Lizanne, busywend, marciemac and Sassygirl

Instructions:
You all will enter the field and form a circle in the center of the field...leaving an open space on the S end..in other words
form a big U

Face outward with your booties toward the inside of the U and
holler out VERY LOUD "WE LOVE JOY!!!" Then hoop and holler.

Scream out the following two cheers:

JOY JOY JOY
(clap)(clap)(clap)

Give me an....F
Give me an....I
Give me a ...G
Give me an....H
Give me a.....T

What does that spell????????

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

cheer # 2

TWO
FOUR
SIX
EIGHT

Who do we appreciate?

JOY JOY JOY
Following the Mascots performance, you fellow Depends wearing
Cheerleaders will come on the field with you.

JOY TEAM MASCOT CREW********

The Mascots will enter the field and position themselves in the middle of a big U formed by the Cheerleading Team. The Cheerleaders will kneel or sit so everyone can enjoy the Mascot
performance.

Starbie has volunteered to prepare the commentary as the Mascot
Crew performs on Friday. With the commentary, those who must
stay at home will be able to fully appreciate the performance!
:))

Splits, Jumps, Climbs & Depends

Ephchap, Pony Girl, Artemis, VickiL, Lothlorien, Suz, Coookie,
Mismel and Bonniejean.

All 9 of you will enter the field as soon as the Mascot Team is in the end zone. You will run toward your fellow Cheerleaders
hollering and banging your mallets. :laugh:

Form a combined circle and yell this Cheer.

HEY HEY
HO HO
Joy isn't feeling well
The pains got to go!

Our teams are set
We're ready to play
The hot pinks on
Send some cheer Joys way!

Clap and bank your mallets :)) :whistle:

Space out and Ephchap, Pony, Lothlorien, Suz, VickiL and Artemis
form a line. Bonnie Jean, Coookie and Mismel climb up on their
shoulders and every yell together "GO JOY!"

Break down that unit and Artemis and VickiL will do splits as the rest of the cheerleaders do backward flips, front tumbles and
handstands.

Then all Cheerleaders who can do cartwheel do a row of cartwheels
toward Joy and CW, stop and yell "GO JOY!" and then return to the
center of the field.

I can't find the mascot input that Starbie did, nor can I find
the narrative about picking Joy and CW up in my Explorer or the
final exit following the fireworks display. :crazy:

We made Joy feel better for awhile and CW too. This is my fondest Memory. DDD :smile:

My most fond memories of Joy is the way she posted just made you "feel truly HUGGED"!! She reminded me so much of my favorite Auntie who passed about the time I joined the board. It was almost like still being able to "talk" to my Auntie when I read Joy's posts and responses.

Joy and CW's love for each other always shined through each post. I can only hope for 1/4 of their happpiness with my husband!

Missing you, dear friend Joy!

Hugs and love,
Vickie

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
:crying: I am coming in far too late on this thread. My heart is heavy with the news of dear joybells passing. I am so sorry, such a dear sweet soul, she will be greatly missed.

Continued prayers for C.W., and all joybells' family. :angel: Our Board truly has an angel looking over us.

Thank you, joybells for all your wonderful words, your posts always gave me a lighter heart, you always came thru as a fighter and never a whiner. I admired you so much. May God grant you Rest and C.W. Comfort in his sorrow, and knowing you were so well loved but those who never even met you.

Big Love

Peace

SunnyFlorida

I remember reading the warmth of Joy's posts. Her love for CW and her caring kind heart just oozed from everything she wrote.

I loved seeing her {{{{{{hugs}}}}}. I loved it so much so that I adopted my {{{{sunny hugs}}}} from that.

I loved being a cheerleader in the Joy Parade. My fondest memory was hearing that she enjoyed that so much.

I hope Joy will be another guardian angel for all of us.

amstrong

difficult child & I MADE that Kitty Litter Cake for my nieces and nephews! They LOVED it. We had a great time with it. It was one of the kids' birthday and in addition to the cake my Mom provided, we had it. Everyone got a kick out of it.

My sister in law later had a party for one of my nephews and he requested that he and the guests be allowed to make one. Several of the mothers got the recipe and all the little boys in their town enjoyed making it with their friends that year.

Again, Hugs and prayers to CW and family.

Sue C

I also am coming in late on this post so this is the first I have learned that Joy has passed on. My heart just sank when I read it. But her love will remain in my heart forever.

I can't remember one specific post offhand, but she was always so kind in her responses to my posts about my daughters. She always encouraged me and I knew she genuinely loved me, as I loved her (and c.w.).

I do remember the struggles she went through when c.w. first hurt his leg and then later lost it. I thought about c.w. every day back then from the date the accident first occurred. C.W. will always be in my heart, too.

Thanks, Joy, for making my life more joyful. I will never forget you. As someone else said, you have joined Pico now who was also a friendly, loving woman like you were.

Love,
Sue