My lil Hippie

donna723

Janet, she's ADORABLE! And she looks so cute in that little outfit!

My daughter had hair like that when she was that age. If I didn't braid it down her back at night, she'd wake up looking like Roseanne Roseannadanna, the Gilda Radner charcter from the old SNL! And now her hair is medium brown and straight as a stick!

DammitJanet

Im not the one to ask. Her mom can get her hair to do whatever she wants it to do and so can Mandy but then they are both Indian. They have the same hair...lol. I am lucky if I can manage to tame it well enough to get it into pigtails or a ponytail. Tony loves it like this picture because it is just so soft and he can run his fingers through it. She will allow her hair to get flatironed on occasion but she has to be in the mood. I use a spray in conditioner when I do her hair and it works Ok.

lovemysons

Awww, she really IS Adorable. Got your own lil Goldi Locks, smile.

Thank you for sharing the picture.
Love and hugs,
Tammy

Marguerite

easy child 2/difficult child 2's ex-boyfriend has hair like this. He grew it long at easy child 2/difficult child 2's request. Still hadn't cut it when difficult child 1 got married (he was one of the groomsmen - talk about awkward!). We used to spend hours trying to get the knots out of his hair, then we found that the Garnier Nutrisse "Sleek and Shine" smoothing serum that comes in a ball container worked well (except his hair used to drink it). Then in an Asian food supply place that used to be near our house, I found bottles of scented coconut oil from Fiji - and guess what they use it for? Hair taming! Of course in Fiji, the stuff is liquid all the time. Right now the bottles are in my bathroom and they're solid. I store them lying down so I can always get at the contents even if I have to scrape it out with a spatula. I use it as a moisturiser on my skin.

BF2 (easy child 2/difficult child 2's fiance) has afro hair too, he looks after it better than the ex, though. He's talking about getting it cut for the wedding, easy child 2/difficult child 2 is trying to talk him into straightening it instead so he can have it pulled back into a ponytail. I just want them to have wedding photos that they will be happy to show their kids in years to come, I don't want their dad being embarrassed by long hair not in control.

Marg

everywoman

Janet, she is a doll baby. Love the outfit and the attitude.

Well, some of you have seen my curls---lol and curly hair is not easy to tame. It takes a lot to walk out the door every day---product, product, and more product. Jana's hair is also curly, but she keeps it long, so her curls are beautiful ringlets. I can't grow mine long now, because it grows out instead of down.

susiestar

Roll With It
She is adorable! That expression is great. I can tell she is going to drive Cory round the bend when the guys start noticing her, LOL!

susiestar

Roll With It
You can find coconut oil in most grocery and walmart type stores here. It is in the shortening section. I have a friend that mixes it about equally with refined shea butter she gets online. Then she uses that to keep her hair soft and manageable. About once a week she uses quite a bit more and then puts a walmart shopping bag over it. She clips that into place and puts a towel over it. After 30 minutes she takes a shower and her hair is amazingly soft.

She usually uses essential oil to scent the mixture. It isn't unpleasant by itself, but the scent makes it more like the commercial products.