need advice please

rspencer

I am new here but I have a serious issue with my 10 yo little boy. He is being disrespectful and has been beating up his younger siblings. I don't know what is wrong with him... He tells me I don't love him, he tells me he hates me, He's constantly saying he doesn't care about anything. And then over the weekend he was visiting his grandparents and was taken to the police department for trespassing and destruction of property. Me and his father are not together and his father doesn't think this is a big deal.. I'm at a total loss as to what to do.. I have taken a step in getting him into counseling. He has an intake appointment. but its not for weeks yet.. I'm so worried he's going to get worse... Can anyone give me any advice....

needabreak

it is a good thing you got the appointment.but keep trying to get it sooner if you are so worryed.how long have you not been with the father.does he act this way with everyone.is this something that just started.soory for the quistions just trying to get an idea.it could be alot of things that is why it is good to get your son to see some one to find out what is bothering him and going on.

rspencer

I will try calling everyday to see if there is an opening...I have'nt been with his father for over 3 years. He mainly acts this way with me, My husband and a few others. He is a perfect angel for his father, his fathers girlfriend, and his fathers parents. His dad doesn't think its a big deal but he is always in trouble his self. and i know that he gives in to T.J. alot because of it. I try to think it would be best to keep him away from his dad, but then I think he will hate me later, His dad drinks alot and does drugs. This all started about 2 years ago, but has gotten really bad the last 6 months. I'm at a loss, I don't know what to do, or if what I am doing is right. I love my son so much it hurts. and I would do anything to help him...

needabreak

well im no expert but if this just start happening it might have something to do with you not being with the father.its his way of acting out.i would defintly get to a theripist or physc.to make sure.and if his father does drugs he would be the last person i would let my son around cause kids start trying things out very early these days.thet would worry me.i hope every thing gets better and maby with some cousling it might.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Welcome to the board.

The first step is to definately keep your intake appointment. And calling everday to see if they have an ealier opening due to cancellation is a very good idea.

Another possible avenue is to speak with the school and see about having him evaluated thru them. I personally would also have the private evaluation done as I don't trust schools staff on this sort of thing. But it may jump start you getting him some help.

Hugs