need suggestion...

Sarah Anne

Our son is getting up and getting into things at night/early morning. He has been eating sugar cubes, icing off of brownies, potato chips, or anything he can get his hands on. He also climbed up onto the stove to get matches out of the high cupboards and such... I keep moving the place I keep things like sharp knives, matches, etc...but he always finds them. The eating issue is frustrating because he will literally eat through a bag of brown sugar but it isn't life threatening. But the matches and knives are dangerous. :frown:

We want to put a lock on at least one kitchen cupboard but wanted some suggestions if anyone knows of what is available. The other idea we have is to have some kind of alarm that goes off when he comes downstairs. I don't want to keep him from the bathroom because I know he gets up to use it at night. But I can't have him wandering around the house.

(sigh)

Sometimes I get so irritated that we have to deal with crazy situations like this.

Sharon1974

There is a magnet lock that can be easily installed on your cupboards. Installation does require a drill and screwdriver, but the only way to get it open is with the special magnet. We used it and let me tell you - if you loose that special magnet you will be running out to the store looking to buy another one in the middle of the night to get Tylenol out of the cupboard. I can't find any other way to open the cabinet.

Sharon1974

I am not sure what the name of it was. Something like TOT-LOCK. I am pretty sure they have it in Wal-Mart, but if not I KNOW you can get it online at One-Step-Ahead.

Fran

Former desparate mom
We have the magnet locks in our vacation home. They are really good. I forgot the magnet key. I had to break the lock.