Need support

house of cards

This week my sister with Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) was put it a p-hospital out of state. It's a 2 hr drive but is a great place and I'm hopeful they can help her. At this point, her problems seem more emotional then Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). She is the sister that doesn't have insurance and she was trying to go 6 mths without a doctors visit so she could get insurance, well I don't know what she has done to that...she had a few weeks to go, but she is where she needs to be. Anyway any thoughts, prayers bead rattles would be very appreciated, My mother isn't in good health and has been hit hard by this placement, she wants it all to just go away, she is often in pain when having to ride in cars for extended times. Thankfully my major difficult child has been doing quite well with a small increase in his medications so he isn't adding any stress at this time. Please give me strength.

tiredmommy

I'll be keeping your sister and mom in my prayers. I hope sis can get the help she needs to live a more normal life and that the added stress of all this isn't too much for you. {{{Hugs}}}

susiestar

Roll With It
Praying that your sister gets the help she needs. From my understanding, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) can cause emotional problems or make them worse. I think maybe your sister needs to look into high-risk medication insurance. Our state offers it. You have to contact the state insurance board or whatever.

Sneding hugs and prayers for strength for you and the family also.

Susie

M

ML

Prayers and white light healing thoughts for you, your sister, your entire family. You're a wonderul person! Good things are around the bend! xo

Star*

call 911........call 911
HOC,

I work with a young man who has Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI). He flipped a truck with his 3 children in it - hit a tree (all children okay - fine) he split his skull open and nearly died. They litereally had to put his brains next to him on the ride to the hospital.

He was in a coma for 4 months. He had to learn how to walk and talk again - he said it was very difficult. His wife left him. He's 34 now. And they had him recently in a psychiatric hospital as he tends to self medicate with alcolhol and drugs to stop the pain.

While in the psychiatric hospital they got him all clean and on a good diet, and put him on high doses of Lithium and something else. He was a raging, screaming lunatic type guy - and if you didn't know he had the accident you would just say he was a jerk.

He lost his home, all his friends - and now is working 4 days a week and doing well.

My son too had a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) when he was 3 years old and no one is certain if that has contributed to his behaviors or not. We've had 3 MRI's over the years and he suffers from headaches almost every day.

I think - if those 2 can be helped - so can your sister. You are in my prayers, and I'll shake a liver or 2 in my dance by the moon light tonight. - Neighbors should be warned - must go -

GOod Luck & Hugs
Star

house of cards

I want to thank you all for the support, I actually felt strengthened by it, I am definately a believer in board magic. My sister had a tumor in her brain and began to act more angry before the suggery but she has gotten much worse after. She has now had 2 p-docs diagnosis her as bipoalr and I can definately see similarities between her and my difficult child. She isn't thinking very clearly right now but she thinks she is....it is not easy. NJ doesn't have high risk insurance, all insurances have to take you but they can have a 6 mth time limit with no previous conditions. She does have some help from a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) program and will be able to get ssd in a few more months...she has to be disabled for 2 years first. Now if we can just track down the location of her car, she has no memory of what police dept brought her in. Anyone have any idea of daily impound charges?