new and grateful to be here...

nodramamama

Wow - I'm glad I found you all! My partner and I have three between us - and two are...challenging. We blended families a few months ago - and my difficult child is now living full-time with us because she and her other mom are like oil and water. Her difficult child (my stepson) is bright and funny - but the police have been called in the past and I am beginning to see why. I'm reading everything I can about mood and conduct disorders - and trying to stay one step ahead of the hormones. I've been lurking for a while and I am so relieved to find a community of parents who have been there - done that. I am eagerly awaiting my copy of "The Explosive Child" (I ordered it today becuase of what I read here) - and I'm just grateful for all your posts, love and suggestions.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Welcome to the board NDM :) Love the screen name and avitar by the way. :D

Sounds like you have your hands full.

Hugs

Marguerite

Welcome to the board. If you can, share threads with your partner, it can really help with family communication. My husband has now joined in his own name and lurks here constantly. We have found it very helpful, although it does mean I can't whine about him too much. Not without talking to him first, that is!

Marg

mstang67chic

Going Green
Welcome! We're always sorry when someone finds us but glad you did. As you've already found, there's a world of information here and buy doing research, you're already well on your way.

One thing to keep in mind about blended families, as I'm sure you already know, is that there can be some adjustment time on everyone's part. That alone can add to the mix and "liven" things up a bit. Hang in there, lurk if you want or post when you feel comfortable. We're not going anywhere!

M

ML

Welcome to the family. Blended families take a lot of work but they can be successful; it just takes time and lots of patience, mutual respect and compromise.

I'm a tired old mom (as you can see by my signature) of a challenging 11 year old son who is wonderfully unique and brings me both joy and worry every day.

Again, glad you found us.

ML

TerryJ2

Welcome!
I'm so sorry it's hard. I hope you get a good diagnosis and maybe some medications for your stepson to calm him down. been there done that with-the police.
Sigh.

lizzie09

lizzie
I don't have much to offer but a welcome and to say again that this truly
is a place of great warmth and understanding even when things are going
along steadily (ahem!):D

Star*

call 911........call 911
NDM -

WELCOME to the family...I like your avatar too. (Daisy would like it because it has elephants on it. I like it because it has stars on it) :tongue:

However you got here? We're glad you are here. Most days I can tell you I felt like I went THROUGH a blender...not necessarily a blended family, but blended enough to have it's ups and downs.

I'm sure lots of others will be along soon enough to welcome you but just wanted to say hello to our newest Cali friends.

Star -

nodramamama

Thank you all so much! My partner and I have slightly different views of the seriousness of the situation with difficult child son, so for now I'm soloing here - but luckily he's in a very good school for kids with learning disabilities, is on medications and in therapy - so when the stuff hits the fan, she's got people to talk to too. After moving through a couple of public schools, my girls are in a very accomodating Catholic school - which is SUCH a relief - and seems to be really working for my difficult child daughter (the diva). I feel strongly that my job is to deal with my own goofball kids, and support her by finding out as much information as I can about various mood/conduct disorders - because whether difficult child or not, we all struggle with them or their effects! I get it that blending has to be done with a lot of love and a BIG sense of humor or otherwise those blades just tear you up...