New Members: How to start a new thread

Childofmine

one day at a time
Welcome, new members. When you are ready to post about your situation, please look for the button at the top of the page, on the right. The button is called: Post New Thread. The color of the button is light blue with white letters.

Here is a screen shot that helps focus more on where it is.

Posting your own "thread" will create a separate post for you, and then other members will be able to see it easily and start posting on it.

Many new people aren't sure how to do this, and end up posting on the threads of other people, which is okay, but you won't get as many responses, so I wanted to provide more details.

We are glad you are here.

Screen Shot 2015-05-09 at 7.40.15 AM.png

Childofmine

one day at a time
You can go to the Parent Emeritus page, and click on your name. Then on the left hand column, you will see an option for username change. You can change your name there.

I am going to move your post to the PE page so others can more easily see it.

Glad you are here.

InsaneCdn

If you are using the phone app and don't have full functionality, please contact runawaybunny by private message (start a conversation). She is our site admin, and can help you with the name change if you cannot do it yourself.

LAPW

Welcome, new members. When you are ready to post about your situation, please look for the button at the top of the page, on the right. The button is called: Post New Thread. The color of the button is light blue with white letters.

Here is a screen shot that helps focus more on where it is.

Posting your own "thread" will create a separate post for you, and then other members will be able to see it easily and start posting on it.

Many new people aren't sure how to do this, and end up posting on the threads of other people, which is okay, but you won't get as many responses, so I wanted to provide more details.

We are glad you are here.

View attachment 500
I don't see a button on the right or left side of the that says start a new thread.