New Year Resolutions

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Yes, its that time again :)
Danny came in and announced that WE were quitting smoking:bigsmile: I said "we are" and he says "Yes, its getting out of hand - I am spending like 250.00 a month for cigarettes and its a waste of money"
Its amazing when THEY actually have to pay for something out of their hard earned money LOL But if he is stopping, I will have to as well cause I know him, he will be asking me to supply him.

I think this is the only resolution I will make this year - I usually do the no smoking and lose weight one which is always a lose lose situation for me. SO went and bought me an Ecigarette so hopefully that will help a bit.

So what is your resolution?

Marcie

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm going to do my best to quit smoking too, although it doesn't really have much to do with a resolution for the new year per se. I can't do cold turkey. Uh, the men in lil white coats would come, but I'm going to try the method that worked for my bro......weaning myself off the darn things. If that doesn't work, I'll have to bite the bullet and get a script for chantix, but since it's so expensive I'd rather try hard myself first.

Other than that, just try to get healthier. The plus with that is if I'm not smoking........every ADHD symptom I've ever had reappears and I've got to MOVE, I have to be doing something or I go bonkers.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
If things don't get better around here, I'm going to START smoking.

Seriously, though -- I'm going to try to exercise more. That's about all I can muster right now.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
My resolutions always explode in my face. I can do it for a few days, and then... POOF!

So this year? I resolve to continue to eat healthy, take my vitamins, and be a good friend/daughter/wife/mother.

Hee hee hee...

Wiped Out

Staff member
This coming year I resolve to get back to the healthy habits I once had. I have fallen way off track too many times in the past year. I'm hoping my new dosage of thyroid medications will help!

DDD

Yesterday after work I took the first step. I did the paperwork for the gym. I'm hoping that a miracle occurs and it "turns me on" so I can look forward to it. Either way I'm starting. Once the holidays are over I'm returning to my healthy eating. Regarding smoking?? I've purchased Nicorette for when I'm ready to try again..meanwhile I'm limiting my smoking locations to uncomfortable ones. LOL, I don't mean really uncomfortable but the garage at home and the warehouse at work. That way I have to make an active decision that I "need" a cigarette instead of just toking where I'm at ease. by the way, I did Chantix last year and it made me feel yucky..and broke, lol.

Healthy eating won't be a problem. The gym is going to depend on getting my head wrapped around it.The smoking? Once I fell off the wagon two years ago I was addicted just like I was before my twelve years of sobriety. I'm going to give my goals the old college try. Good luck to you all. DDD

DammitJanet

DDD....once you fall off the wagon and start back smoking I think it is even harder than it was the first time. I stopped the first time pretty easily even though I loved my cigs. I just went cold turkey and stopped. This time I simply cannot do it no matter what aids I use. I think I have tried them all...wellbutrin, chantix, nicotrol, even a coma.

I am not doing any resolutions this year because they never work. Maybe try to get Keyana's custody and visitation established this year would be a good resolution.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
When I quit smoking, I tried the patch - OMG, acid-trip-type dreams. Wellbutrin - ahhh, not the medication for me anyway. Actually made it worse. Commit lozenges made me puke. Chantix - helped me slow down, then Onyxx got in trouble again and WHAM, back to where I was.

And in April, I just - didn't anymore. Did not finish the pack I had, just STOPPED. But - I knew we were doing the blastocyst transfer that day and it might result in pregnancy, so I had a GOOOOOOOD reason.

You have to want to, for yourself. I never did get husband to stop - and it is because HE has to want to for HIMself.

muttmeister

The last couple of years my resolution has been to pay off a credit card and I did pay off a small one each year. This year the goal is to pay off half of the biggest one. Also, I'm going back to being a vegetarian, at least when I'm at home. I used to eat that way and I felt SO MUCH better but I've gotten out of the habit so it's back to what I used to do. That's enough for one year.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
My resolution is to continue moving once my knee has healed and I CAN move again!!! Gotta keep that joint active!!

Diet and quitting smoking are an ongoing resolution so I will not count those as I beat myself up too much when I place too much importance on them. I'm relatively fit, I do eat well, and I only smoke a pack a WEEK...even my Dr says not to fret. However, I do have to work on my cholesterol, which my Dr says should be better once I can exercise again. I am buying an eCigarette tomorrow and also the gum.

I will continue to take care of myself and surround myself only with those who are supportive and loving.

Best of luck to all!