Nice ER visit

Abbey

Spork Queen
I wish I had some awesome bar fight story but no, it's just trash. Literally trash.

I ended up with 9 stiches to my arm yesterday from taking out the trash at work. Yeppers...trash. We have this huge trash can that is supposed to be emptied by some unknown person regularly. Well, that unknown person didn't do it so I'm trying to cram in my bag of trash as I'm leaving less than 5 minutes from my shift. In the process I get a nice slice to my left arm from the top of the lid.

I walk back in pouring blood to the new guy I'm training. I thought he was going to pass out. Hey...don't worry, it's only a flesh wound. I try a bandaide, then 2, then 3...go up to about 5. This kid is about to die. Manager comes over to check in and sends me across the street to the hospital.

So now I have a good 2 inch gash on my arm with another surrounding 2 inches of bruises from TRASH.:mad:

Couldn't I have a more interesting injury?

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Are you trash talking us?
I am sorry but that was such a trashy attempt at a dirty story...
Was this what you were really doing??? Making a hot-tub... hmmm?

OK all kidding aside. I am so sorry! Can you move it much? Or is it more one of those annoying things that looks pretty and comes with a great story! Or both?

Because Abbey, it really is a pretty good story. Especially when you add the poor kid you are training!
Do you have the day off? Maybe put your feet up and watch some trashy TV!

maril

I am sorry to hear about your injury. Nine stitches...wow. Hopefully, they'll pay more attention to emptying the trash from now on.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I do have the day off. Well, if you call it that. I have a 3 hour wait to get brakes fixed to the tune of nearly $400, then go down to get my physical bartender's license, then go back to work to give it to them and get reimbursed. Have I cleaned, done laundry, eaten? Nope. I also have the 'honey to do list.' Blah.

Abbey

Abbey

Spork Queen
No, Toto...no trashy TV!! If I could watch Days of Our Lives I'd be in heaven. My bad. I guess that is trashy. Just someone let me know if Nicole's baby is alive.

Abbey

Star*

call 911........call 911
HRUMPH!

You could have called me with your OTHER hand......

OH....I see.....not on the honeydoo list.

GACK

(blows kisses - 9 of them)

rejectedmom

Oh Abbey, I hope they gave you some antibiotics. What a dirty horrible way to get a cut. Are you current on your Tetnus shots? While it might not be an interesting injury I still would play it up at work get some sympathy and a quasi vacation. ;) -RM

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
How about a tetnus shot? OUCH!

And they did fill out an inicident report, right?

I'm sure to the kid you were training it was a huge deal. lol Especailly since he came close to passing out a few times. ;)

Hugs

M

ML

Oh Abbey I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hope you heal in record time xo

Abbey

Spork Queen
Yes, they took pixs. I just went into work to show my boss. He's like, "My God. How could you do that with trash?" Ummm...you don't know me. Find me a ripple in the road and I'll stumble over it and break a leg.

They never asked about a tetnus shot. I'm quite sure I'm out of the 10 year coverage. I got a good dose of antibiocs, though.

The kid I was training was there. I think he's traumatized.:tongue: I told him that if this is the worst thing that happens to you, you'll have a good life.

Like I said, it's just a flesh wound. (You Monty Python lovers would get that.) And no, Star, I didn't call. I was a bit PO'd.

Abbey

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
Ouch! Please, no flesh eating bacteria!
By the way, can someone educate me about how to post a youtube video here? I think we could all use a laugh from the "it's just a flesh wound" clip!

Andy

"Nice ER visit"? Here I thought we were going to get the story of the once in a million or more visits to ER that was a perfect ER visit. You know, "I went into ER and before I had a chance to pick out a chair to settle in for the long winter's night wait I was called into an open ER exam room. Then, too everyone's disbelief, before I sat down, the doctor was there. She (sorry, did put "he" but realized that would be less believable) was actually very easy to understand - no hard to pronounce medical terms for me. She had me stichted and out the door within minutes." Now, that would be a "Nice ER visit".

O.K. seriously, let's keep this interesting story just where it is. DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT allow this to turn into an infected injury. That will be OUCH to the limit.

Next step - get that tetenus shot. It really is not that bad. I just had one and outside a bothersome arm for a day or two, it really is o.k.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Great now I Monty Python clips running Amok though my head... better than the usual drivel.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto...Monty Python is the best. You have to watch those shows so many times to catch the humor. Wait...maybe only I need to watch them that many times. Shudder.

I just remember the one scene where the guy gets his arms and legs cuts off in a sword battle and he says, "It's just a flesh wound." Then he continues to fight with no arms or legs. I think my little cut would be much less than that.

Abbey

Steely

Well...........unlike the other...........I cannot think of one funny thing to say. Hmmpff. I must be the "board bore". (OK, well that pun was kinda funny, maybe?)

Seriously sounds like something that would happen to me though. Like you said if there is a ripple in the pavement, I will trip on it. Heck forget pavement, even carpet. That is me:tongue:

I have never had stitches. I was just remarking the other day, that I had never, ever had stitches. (And now watch what will happen to me.) I am so freaking sorry. And on a flipping dumpster lid. Sigh.

Well - all I can say is TETANUS shot. NOW. PRONTO. No amount of anti-biotics will prevent tetanus. (Sorry, that is just the Mom in me doing overtime.)

Stay safe girl. Hugs.

TerryJ2

I love Monty Python. We use that line a lot. I even used it when I had my breast cancer surgery. :)
I'm so sorry about the cut and stitches. Did you get any pain pills to take home? (I mean, it's the least they can do.)

Tomorrow, tell that new guy that you want him to take out the trash, but watch out for the protruding razor blades and 6" spikes, and watch the look on his face.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Don't feel bad Abbs....I have an aunt who once broke her thumb and wrenched her knee (and shoulder I think) while taking off her bra.

As for posting a youtube.....when you're on youtube and the video you want is playing....highlight and copy the page addy. Come back here, start a new thread and paste the addy in. When the message posts, the video will be embedded.

Abbey

Spork Queen
You guys are too funny. Taking off a bra? Are you kidding? I couldn't even pull that off. Ooppsss...I don't wear one. I'd have to take a tumble taking my shirt off.

Terrry, being the 'senior' member of the staff (that is so hysterical), he WILL be taking out the trash. I might even trick out the can if I can get by cameras.

Abbey