Not sure what to call this

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
All week I have had things to do and have avoided them. Things I like. Things I need to do. The only thing I haven't avoided is work )no one is there when I am). I remember when I used to do this before.

I see my therapist tommorow and do plan on discussing it. I just have to make sure I go.

I keep trying to say I will not be depressed, I will not be depressed but it isn't working or I am not listening to myself. I don't know why this is kicking in now. It is not like I am not used to the stress of difficult child life. I just can't motivate myself at the moment.

I hate this. I mean even the tic that I had in my eye is back. That really bothers. I thought that was gone for good. It has been gone for a few years.

I just don't get it. Why do I have to feel like this now?

Make it go away....Please.

Beth

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Beth

Keep on trying. And certainly discuss this with the therapist. It could just be a minor blip. But the last thing you want is for it to spiral out of control.

I'm getting the seasonal depression. I've had it long enough to recognize when it sets in. So I've been standing outside in the sun during class breaks. I NEED sun in the winter. It might not be long, but it helps.

Hope you shake it soon.

Hugs

Beth, you've held things together for longer than I could have imagined. You can't will away depression. At some point, your body reaches maximum output and needs replenishing. You've been through just so much.

Circle of support. Reaching out from Chicago to...

F

flutterbee

Ohio. You need to recharge. You've had mega, mega stress. Don't beat yourself up. Take care of you.

((((hugs))))

From Ohio reaching out to....

meowbunny

Florida. Remember that depression is a chemical imbalance. It's not something you can will away. Get the help you need and I bet you'll be up and doing again pretty quickly.

(((((BETH))))

And reaching out to .....

Coookie

Minnesota. I agree, get the help you need. Sometimes I think we expect ourselves to be super human and we spend most of our energies on getting help for our difficult children... at times we need it too and that is OK. :smile:

Hugs

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Beth,

The calm after the storm; you just don't know what to do with yourself or if you want to do anything. I have personally been here after one to many crisis situations with the tweedles. Like you, it was never ending - first kt, then wm, then kt, then wm. It just wouldn't stop.

When it did, for whatever reason (treatment placements) I didn't know or couldn't pull myself out enough to do anything. Even those things I enjoyed the most. It took me a few months to heal - to recoup.

The level of adrenaline rush you've been on over the last few months wouldn't push me out of the house for anything. Even a round of golf & that's saying a lot for me.

I'm glad you're going in to see your therapist. Be honest with therapist on how fragile you're feeling. How exhausted.

(((Hugs)))

nvts

Hi! I know what you're talking about. It could be that you've actually gotten to where stringing two completed thoughts together is actually something that you can do because some of the "must do now" is waning.

Try some butter soup with crickets and an antidepressant (they slow the crickets down!). It helps with depression AND pneumonia (ask BBK!).

Feel better from NY!

Beth

trinityroyal

And joining in with support from Toronto.
Beth, it's true. When you've been under so much stress for such a long time, you eventually hit a wall.

I've been doing a bit of research on something called Adrenal Fatigue. Apparently this happens when you're under long-term stress, and your body's stress response gets worn out.

Take care of yourself.

Reaching out from Toronto to...

Star*

call 911........call 911
WHERE IS THE DONKEY ????? AND

WHAT IN THE BLUE LAGOON ARE YOUR SQUIRRELS DOING IN YOUR AVATAR..
tch, tch, tch - ????????????????????? :bag:

I needed THAT laugh - thank you.

You know - I get like you described. I have no energy, and about all I can do is go to work and I PRAY no one talks to me when I'm in these moods - I try to just mind my business...keep my door shut.

I went through this at Thanksgiving and Christmas -and I thought to self "Do I have SAD?" or am I just tired and worn out. I think - both. WHY not go for broke.

I have trouble with anti-depressants, so I've been taking vitamins and it seems to have helped. That and iron (bad anemic) so maybe - you need to just see a regular MD and get a physical, some blood work etc? You could just be run down. (Naw you're the MOM of a difficult child dat dah dah dahhhhh SUPERMOM) - well Super mom - I wonder if your fuel cells are burning low.

Go.Get.Help. From. A. Doctor....now. (love Kirktalk)

Start there, and keep going to the therapist - maybe you just have low iron. Honest -

Hugs
Star

TerryJ2

It does sound like depression, Beth, but it could be situation induced and temporary. Still, seeing the therapist will give you some good ideas.

Star, I hadn't noticed just what the squirrels were doing until you mentioned it!
:rofl:

Coookie

Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!! :bag: :rofl: I hadn't noticed either. :laugh:

Beth, not to make light of your depression but your avatar should give you a chuckle. :smile: Laughter is a wonderful medicine. :smile:

Hugs

busywend

Beth - you should be proud! You recognized it early. To me that is half the battle! Now that you know you are 'in a funk' it is time to put in the extra efforts it takes to get out of that funk. Start back up on that roller coaster hill. You know how hard that coaster has to work to go up - that is how hard it is to keep things going in our lives.
Now imagine the down hill ease of that same coaster. It is so easy to let go and go flying down hill! You have to stop it and put in effort to go back up.

HUGS! It is hard work and like any of us need anything else to work on, right? !
:not_fair:

Do something nice for yourself today! Right now!
Be a princess!
:princess:

Steely

I've been doing a bit of research on something called Adrenal Fatigue. Apparently this happens when you're under long-term stress, and your body's stress response gets worn out.

WOW.........I believe this is what I am suffering from??? More info Trinity?

Beth, hang in there, you are not alone. I will go along for periods of high stress absolutely fine, and then when things start to settle down, I will crash and burn. The thing that makes me the most frustrated is that my body never asks me if it is time to crash and burn - and it does not do it when I am stressed - only days later when I am left to question what the heck is exactly is going on. Makes me feel even more crazy.

Sending big hugs. You have and are going through so much, it is no wonder your soul is reacting. Get in to see therapist tomorrow, no matter what. You cyber friends will be checking in, to make sure you got there! :smile:

Wiped Out

Staff member
Adding in support from Wisconsin...

You have been through so much-I too am glad you are going to your therapist and agree you need to do something nice just for you.

Reaching out to...

BusynMember

Beth,
Sometimes situational stress/depression can turn clinical. If you don't feel better soon, maybe you should see a Psychiatrist just to make sure you haven't fallen into a clinical depression. (((Hugs)))

Beth,

Just a reminder - Please see your therapist today!!! We're all thinking about you...

Sending lots of hugs your way... WFEN

P.S. OK, I'm totally out of it today - I don't notice anything unusual about Beth's avitar. Maybe I need more :coffee:!!!