Ok...this is gloating. Sorry.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Since last Feb., I've now lost 40 pounds. I have refused to buy new clothes as I thought it would jinx me. (My friends are saying..."Geez...you look like a rat in elephant's clothes."):tongue:

Today I went to my favorite store, Mervyns, to get a new suit for an interview. I don't like to shop at all. (Malls scare me.) I never try anything on...just grab and go. So, I go and grab an outfit or two then come home. Nothing fits!! I was at a size 14 (ummm...tight fitting), went for size 10. Still too big!! Had to run back and exchange all for a size 8. I can't remember when I fit into that size. Kind of made me feel good, though. I've been able to keep it off for awhile now.

Having easy child working all the time has actually helped. I don't feel compelled to make the big family dinner every day. When it's just husband and I, I just eat when I want to. I'm not a snacker. husband is. Ugh. Some days I'll just nibble...other days I'm ravenous. I'm sure this is not probably the heathliest way to lose weight, but it works for me. I don't do junk food, sodas, etc. When I eat, I eat good food.

Just feeling a tad good right now.

Abbey

Estherfromjerusalem

Well, you deserve to feel good in my opinion, Abbey. 40 pounds is an awful lot to lose, and although you make it sound as if it wasn't hard, I know it can't have been an easy thing to do.

I can't imagine what it is like to be a size 8. I bet you look stunning and glamorous!

Love, Esther

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
How cool......I am totally envious.......now throw out those size 14's and get some more clothes that fit!!!!!!!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Gloat away Abbey! That's quite an accomplishment. You have every reason to be majorly proud of yourself.:woohoo::cheers::happyguy:

And now you can feel justified to go out and buy a new wardrobe.:D

Hugs

Abbey

Spork Queen
Well, I wish it was some master scheme to lose weight. Sigh...not so. It was being so sick last year with pneumonia for several months. It just wouldn't go away and I had NOOOO appetite.

Fortunately, I've been able to keep it off. Fingers crossed that the new clothes don't ruin that!

Abbey

DDD

What a tremendous accomplishment! Gloat away! I'm sure that the new clothes won't jinx you. DDD

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Mrs. Thin -

My emotions for you lie somewhere between elated and PFT!:tongue:

LOOOOOOOOOKING GOOD !

ps the PFT part would be I'm doing the same thing - no new clothes - oh and by the way - rats are very pretty.

Hugs
Star

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
That's really wonderful! :you_go_girl::bravo::whistle: Good for you!

I don't like to shop at all. (Malls scare me.)
You probably know this already but......Internet Shopping Rocks!!! And especially since you don't try things on before buying anyway? No problem! I bet Meryvn's has an online-shopping site somewhere!

Peace

4sumrzn

Sorry that you lost the weight because you were sick:pouting:. But, I have a feeling that's "OK" with you....you feel good about it, look good & need to get yourself some new clothes that show off that shape!!!!! Always a wonderful feeling to "feel good" about something for YOU! Congrats!

Blondie

Gloat away girl.

It's the "keeping it off" that really rocks, yeah? :shopping:And shopping is a GOOD thing, especially when we surprise ourselves by needing a smaller size than we were contemplating! My fave!

Count me in on the "I don't do :treadmill: " club -- and we have a ton of highly expensive exercise equipment, including an entire weight-bench gym, an Eliptical, a treadmill, free weights, a stationary bike; yikes. They are basically all expensive dust-catchers. Sad but true.

My husband is a continual snacker & eats utter junk all day whilst he's at work, plus the junk he buys and brings home to eat here. It's awful. Makes me not want to cook, oddly enough. Have been trying to do better on that tho, simply for the sake of his health. *sad* He is 215 - 220lbs now. Yikes.
Worries me.

But, GO YOU, Deb!

I'm nearly 50 lbs down from about 18 months ago and can't take a whole lot of credit for it: It's mostly having my medications adjusted from the wrong ones to the right ones. I'm not meant to be heavy & am small boned so extra weight on me looks very un-good.

I am soooo proud of you! I'll bet husband is not able to keep his, er...EYES (heh heh) off you.

Hugs & happy dance (AND SHOPPING!!)

Blondie

trinityroyal

Nothing wrong with gloating, Abbey. You go right ahead.
Sorry that you kicked it off by getting ill, but keeping it off after the fact, now there's the magic.

As for your approach, eating when you're hungry and not eating when you're not hungry is the best and healthiest form of weight management. That's the way our bodies are meant to work. If it's working well for you, then there's no reason in the world to change.

All the best,
Trinity