Ok this is not a good thing...

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Wasn't feeling the greatest so I napped most of the evening. When husband came home from work he called to see if I wanted anything. I said a drink. I didn't think about it so he got me a coke. Ok not the best thing in the world when trying to get healthy but hey I have cut back on them so ok. Well he then threw a package of swiss cake rolls on the bed. I about took out the dog to get to it. Then they didn't even taste good. Thought I would just purge this now so I don't have to live with the guilt.

Will have to talk to husband about the surprise snacks.

Beth

Wiped Out

Staff member
Go easy on yourself-hey then I can go easy on myself. I've been relatively good lately and then yesterday went to book club. I just munched and munched mindlessly-don't even want to think about how much I ate!

Having surprise snacks in the house can be difficult. Last night mine brought one home too. Of course, I had already eaten so much at book club I passed.

wakeupcall

Ok, to be honest....maybe it was the day for all of us? I seemed SO hungry all day and tried to fill that hunger with fruit, but that made me feel sloshy all day! I'm not deliberately trying to diet, I don't weigh too much in the first place, but I don't want to, either. SO, Y'all, yesterday is over and today is a new day. Let's get out those dusty treadmills, close the pantry and get over the guilt of yesterday! Anyone seen my sweatbands?

Beth,

I agree with the others!!! Living a healthy lifestyle is lots of hard work. It's ok to have not so healthy foods once and a while. However, you should decide when and what you want to snack on. I know you told husband to bring you home a drink, but husband didn't have to bring you home the Swiss Rolls. He KNOWS you are beginning a healthy eating plan. :grrr: Do you think he is either unconsciously or consciously trying to sabotage your efforts???

The reason I bring this up is because my husband does this sometimes. It infuriates me!!! :grrr: I've spoken to him about it in the past. Once I talk to him about it, he stops. However, every now and then he seems to forget those conversations...

The one exception to this, and husband knows it, is that there is a small local restaurant that makes the best chocolate creme pie I have ever had!!! They don't make it too often. Sometimes on Friday evenings we get take-out there. When they have the pie, husband will bring me a piece. And, I ALWAYS thoroughly enjoy it without the guilt. In other words, a healthy way of eating is a permanent thing. It is ok to indulge every now and then. There is no need to feel guilty when you do because for the most part, your eating habits are healthy. Just my two cents...

Remember, YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!! We're here for you. WFEN

DammitJanet

LOL on husband's and sabotage.

I will never forget the time years and years ago when I was trying this stupid diet where you got these dumb shots in your tummy and took these pills. (How idiotic!)

Well I was just going to town on the diet and rushing about the house cleaning everything in sight...probably because the pills were speed...but then husband decides that he just had to make this bavarian chocolate cherry cake with whipped cream, chocolate sauce and all these gooey cherries on top!

I could have literally killed him!

Who could resist that cake?

F

flutterbee

It was the day. I ate probably twice as much as normal yesterday and I couldn't bring myself to care. I thought about it as I was making myself a PB&J at 2am. It tasted really good, too.

Working on it again today, too. Yep, it's emotional eating. However, I'm just frustrated to no end which is putting me in a rather foul mood and it's keeping me from having my own little meltdown. Maybe not so little. Anyway.... I'll get over it in a day or two.

Cut yourself some slack. But, next time you're going to splurge skip the Little Debbies and go right for the Ghiradelli. At least then it will be worth it. :wink:

Sue C

Beth -- My husband offered me a Swiss cake roll 2 nights ago, and he knows I've cut chocolate out of my diet. Luckily, I don't like them so it was easy to resist. What's with these men, huh?

sue