Older but don't feel much wiser

cuz_is_back

Hi again!
I return as a hands tied, frustrated Nana! difficult child daughter has 8 yr old difficult child son and a possible difficult child 2yr old daughter. Hes in behavioral school and medicated by day with a horrendous, mind boggling bedtime I have left in tears because it's not suppose to be like that!!
Educational assessment just recently performed show results of SEVERE Learning Disability (LD)'s. He gets abusive at bedtime. My daughter is at her wits end to say the least and extremely worried about what this is all doing to his little sister. Thanks for the vent.
P. S. Haven't been around in a while, please excuse my ignorance, I'm curious if foster parent "Addy" from Northern Ontario, Canada is still a member? TIA

cuz_is_back

I am wondering what sort of professionals have assessed him.
Pediatrician ADHD +ODD. And most recently an educational psychological assessment which was done through the behavioral school he attends. Percentiles are very low in most areas! He died at birth AND there are family generics at play also. Thank for your reply :)

cuz_is_back

Good question! :( the slow process is crazy. Two steps forward three backwards. So frustrating to say the least. School suggested assessment 3 weeks into September, he was just tested in February and we just got the results back in the middle of April.
Don't know where to go from here other than taking him to sick kids hospital in the city with this new documentation. Turning 9 this summer and she's been tempted to call the police more than a few times this week alone. Destructive , abusive, and sneaky! Thank you!